ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New To Cliosport World

RS Clio 182
Hello all. New to the world of Cliosport although not to French cars having previously owned; 309GTi, 106Gti and Saxo VTS.

Currently have a 182. 04/54 plate, Titanium with 13k on the clock and my first impressons; driving position is rubbish, the pedals are typically French, no spare tyre, I don't dare sneeze 'cos the interior will fall apart and the first sign of any problems and it will shrug its shoulders Gallic style but ........ non of this matters 'cos I love it.
It feels like one of the the quickest car I've ever had. I've owned some fast cars but there is a difference between fast and quick. The 182 is a quick point to point car and the added push over 4500 rpm is a scream. This is a car I'm going to hugely enjoy and definitely makes me smile. It looks good, handles the way I want a car to and well specced. In fact I'll go as far as to say its quicker, more fun and certainly more reliable than my previous car and that was ....... a TVR Chimaera!

I'm smitten with my 182 :)

Hyundai i40
awwwwww sounds like ur in love!!!

welcome to cliosport anyway

EDIT: pay a fiver and become a memebr

Clio
Welcome mate,

TVR to a Renault, you don't look for build quality and reliability in your purchases then, good man, buy with the heart not the head.

RS Clio 182
Welcome mate,

TVR to a Renault, you don't look for build quality and reliability in your purchases then, good man, buy with the heart not the head.

You got it mace V6. My heart usually rules my head when it comes to cars :) I was actually considering a Cio V6 after the Trevor but thought I would be a bit more "sensible" getting the 182 ;)

A4 Avant
Welcome, good choice of car. TVR to clio, quite a change. I'll bet you won't miss the fuel bill from the TVR either. lol.

As soon as you get above 4500rpm then all the rattles and niggles go away.:D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Welcome Fella, Clio's have there problems but all that goes away when your on a good drive :D

Monblue bombay badboy!
Nice introduction, glad you love your car and welcome to the wierd and wonderful world of cliosport:cool:

RS Clio 182
Welcome, good choice of car. TVR to clio, quite a change. I'll bet you won't miss the fuel bill from the TVR either. lol.

As soon as you get above 4500rpm then all the rattles and niggles go away.:D

I don't miss the insurance, waiting for good weather and "will it start or not" with the TVR although enjoyed it while I had it - was silly not to :)
The 182 is just more real world and I reckon I'm going to enjoy it hugely. The torque steer can be entertaining but ..... I think my life expectancy will be greater than that with the TVR :D

Welcome.

You're not too far from me. I've got a Titanium 182 also, which I p/x in Salisbury for my black 172.

Oh, and watch out for Day!! He likes to lick people.

ShineDetailingLeeEmery051.jpg

RS Clio 182
Welcome.

You're not too far from me. I've got a Titanium 182 also, which I p/x in Salisbury for my black 172.

Oh, and watch out for Day!! He likes to lick people.

ShineDetailingLeeEmery051.jpg

LOL Thanks for that I'll have to be careful if I see him in Salisbury!

172 Race Car
Hi Paul, welcome to cliosport.

If u really want to enjoy the 182 then get yourself along the the airfield meet on 9th march.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3735600#post3735600

The thread is full of spam now so quickly: Its near Honiton in Devon and takes place on an old WWII runway. We set up a sprint style circuit usng old tyres and take turns to run around it against the stop watch. Great fun, very casual and well organised day And the best bit is it only costs 25quid for the day!

Heres some pics and vids from the last one held in November....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=279530&highlight=airfield

RS Clio 182
Hi Paul, welcome to cliosport.

If u really want to enjoy the 182 then get yourself along the the airfield meet on 9th march.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3735600#post3735600

The thread is full of spam now so quickly: Its near Honiton in Devon and takes place on an old WWII runway. We set up a sprint style circuit usng old tyres and take turns to run around it against the stop watch. Great fun, very casual and well organised day And the best bit is it only costs 25quid for the day!

Heres some pics and vids from the last one held in November....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=279530&highlight=airfield

Many thanks for the invite.
Sounds like a lot of fun and a good day out. Unfortunately I'll be working that weekend :dapprove: Hopefully I can get along to a later meet.

Where did my post go?

Oh well, nevermind.

Yeah, I recognise the sports field, bit too open for a spot of lickin ;)

RS Clio 182
Where did my post go?

Oh well, nevermind.

Yeah, I recognise the sports field, bit too open for a spot of lickin ;)

You're starting to worry me now with your licking predilection (or should that be "predilicktion"?) ;)