ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to Cliosport

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
Hey Guys!

Was at TRAX yesterday and was looking round a few of the Clio's and cant help but think I would fancy one as my daily driver to my Focus RS, which at the minute is a garage queen and in process of developing 400bhp + hopefully by the end of the year.

My Current A - B car is a MK5 Fiesta Zetec-S and its fully stripped out and ready for track use. Now as Im a Student at the Silverstone National College for Motorsport, im gunna be need something a little more quiet and reliable, and as I know next to nothing about Renaults, im here for some advice and If I decide to buy a Clio, il become a regular member. And Il also sell my ZS and use the Clio on track days etc, cos ive seen Clio's on track and there awesome machines!

So basically what are they like to drive daily? as it will be doing 100+ miles a day for 3 days of the week and track days as well! so its got a fair amount of work to cope with.

Just want to know all the ins and outs, bad points, good points, reliability etc etc

Sorry for long winded intro.

Cheers

Drew

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pics of your zs mate? I hope it's imp blue! :)

Welcome btw. Lots of info on here my friend.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
No mate is black, but my rs is imp blue! :lolup:

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

Homo spec mazda
Drew Hughes, I spent a good half hour talking to you at fitpea with CHR1S. Glad youve seen the light. Welcome aboard.

None
Hello Drew mate, welcome to CS :)
loads of advice on here but i'll give you a start off.....
if you want loads of comfort and toys then go for a 182 full fat, you'll get air con,cruise control,speed limiter,twin tailpipes etc etc but thats not to say they will work forever though :(including exhaust....they fall off without warning apparently....cups are a good choice if you don't want the headache of all the electrics and you'll get a firmer ride too, maybe a better choice as a poss track car as with less toys comes less weight........
there is a start for you but i barely scratched the surface so do what i didn't and read all the info on here before you buy, i got lucky with mine as i had no real understanding before i bought it but it's always best to be prepared :), whichever you buy though check the belts have been done,35k miles or 5 year old, i just had mine done at a cost of nearly £600!
i'm not a massive ford fan(bad experience with an old orion) but i do love the RS, especially in that blue :) nice car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Welcome along.

A student with a track car, a 400hp FRS and also wants a Clio??? Christ.

Barge
Welcome along.

I'd definitely agree with Ste's 182 comment, best of both worlds - and a fair few people on here take theirs on track as well as it being their daily driver. I'd say opt for a FF with both cup packs. :)

Enjoy your stay.