ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Black 172 PH2
For anyone that cant understand K-tec's original comment, please read again.

David mentions being sent cheap coilover kits to sell on which he didnt want to get involved in and sent back to the supplier.
No where does it mention they received Raceland kits and thought they where crap and sent them back.

It was clear to me first time i read it.
Either people do not understand English, or they are twisting things for arguments sake.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thank you Brian. I am pleased to hear not everyone read it in the same way.

Now is there any reason why this thread is still open, afterall it seems to have gone absolutely nowhere in the last few days and maybe a new thread with details and feedback on the Racleand kit could be started?

David.

Ph 1 172
For anyone that cant understand K-tec's original comment, please read again.

David mentions being sent cheap coilover kits to sell on which he didnt want to get involved in and sent back to the supplier.
No where does it mention they received Raceland kits and thought they where crap and sent them back.

It was clear to me first time i read it.
Either people do not understand English, or they are twisting things for arguments sake.

+1----seems like a few people just being internet warriors trying to give ktec a slap! wonder if they will recieve there membership discount next time they order something lol... just out of interest how long is the ktec group buy going on these ?

No idea. But that doesn't mean you can request it to be locked.

This has plenty of info in it, so pointless starting another thread.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Yes it does, I can request any thread to be locked just like anyone else on the forum.

Whether it happens or not is down to those with "the power".

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Its fine by me, it seems there are alot of pople who can't be bothered (and I don't blame them) to read all 37 pages just to find out is a suspension kit is any good.

David.

I'm sure if people are going to spend money they'll read the whole thread and be able to make a decision based on all posts made by everyone.

No need to try and censor things by making another thread.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I am not trying to censor anything, I have not asked for anything to be deleted.

There are already enough incorrect assumptions in this thread.

David.

clio 172
i just want to know if they are better than standard setup as i need two rear shocks so might go for these if they any good.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Well we are going to bow out of this thread now and let it take its natural course.

We have made all the points we wanted to make and hopefully corrected a few assumptions.

If anyone would like any more information on these kits please either PM us or start a topic on our traders section.

David.

Peugeot 308
Part of me wants to get my hands on a set of these Raceland coilovers now and have a butch....

Reason being - last weekend I made the trip to K-tec and got there own KTR coilovers (£300+) I really wouldnt like to think they are exactly the same as Raceland product.

I dont care about the s**t flinging in this thread tbh, I just fancy knowing if i've paid double for the sake of a KTR logo...

:S

Civic Type S GT
I'm exactly the same, I want coilovers but can't decide between the two. I don't race my car so I'm not after 'performance' just want a nice ride height and for them to bloody work and not fall apart.

172, Tiguan
I'm loving mine a lot! Now I've sorted the ride height to eliminate the rubbing they're spot on. I've done about 600 miles on them so far.

I wonder if Fred was testing the same setup as me though, they feel as soft as the H&R's to me.

Bargain of the decade IMO.

Lionel Richie
car had 17's on to be fair and i was driving on s**t roads for a bit, but even still these were hard! i sent the punter off and told him to come back after 1000miles, see if they bed in a bit, then i'll have a play with the setup

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Punter? So my happy ending comment was relevent. I sent that email over fella. 100db.

For £160 i'm shocked tbh.

Have them on track in 3 weeks. We'll see how they go then :)

great news, I'm holding out to hear some feedback of them on track.

Obviously they'll need modifying for the 182... but thats not exactly hard.

Civic Type S GT
So going back to the main subject seems as it's sort of gone off the rails past few posts. People who have these coilovers on, pics if poss just to tidy this thread up, also how does the ride feel? I'm very tempted because I really want some coilovers, want to level the car out but want to be sure on what I'm getting.

These coilovers look not bad for the money :)

Anyone got pics of what they look like underneath when fitted ?
Underneath meaning up inside the arches.

And whats up with the top mounts that come with them ?
I heard that some people have removed them by breaking welds on them when they received the coilovers ?
Doesn't the original top mount from the car fit them from out the box ?

Sorry if this has been asked before but there is a fair few pages to go back through :(

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Bought a set of these for my astra turbo, never got round to fitting unfortunately.

Had good comments from the astra owners club forum. I did actually look on ebay for a set for the clio a month ago to no avail. I will await some more feedback for road and track use before buying though.

Clio 182
Ignore strut bar, it's not for Clio. They looks decent and exactly as V-MAXX on some pictures and according to other reviews it's worth trying. If they start leaking I'll just take them to local suspension service (they can rebuild shocks, and they also fabricate their own custom coilovers). http://www.amortizer.si/
I'll install them later. I doubt its wise to lower car when it's almost 0,5 m of snow. :(
clio-rs-182-foto_2800842_17372375_17634802.jpg

clio-rs-182-foto_2800842_17372375_17634805.jpg

Clio 172
hey guys

First post so take it easy on me;)

A couple of weeks back i bought a 172 and the first thing i will be looking to do is get the car lowered, i am looking for the car to handle well and and look the part but i am on a budget due to just splashing out the money to buy the car.

Now i dont mind admitting that i know absolutely jack s**t about cars so in a way i am using this site to get a bit better knowledge into what i could improve on my 172. I will be using this site to get the members experiences with , well just about everything.

The car is completely standard and after reading through this thread i do like what i have read even though not everyone will have the same experiences. My budget is looking to be the £500 mark so i obviously want to get as good as i can for the money. I will eventually be looking to upgrade to 17" wheels possibly next month finances permitting.

First things first though i want to get the car looking a bit better so the suspension is what i am getting done and after searching through other threads i like the sound of the K-TEC suspension kit deal with the top mounts but the Raceland ones have me intrigued also.

As mentioned before i have read through this whole thread and i am still undecided on which way to go, i am open to other options too but knowing dick about cars doesnt help. I wont be using the car on a track and it is only for my pleasure on the roads and to and from work so i am looking for some advice. I didnt want to start a thread so i saw this as a good place to make my first post.

I am not trying to derail the thread i'm just trying to get a better feel for what would benefit me the most.

Thanks guys

Z

Ph 1 172
O how is everyone with a set of these finding them bow they gave done a few miles in them? And how adjustable are they for the ride height.. What's as low as low can go?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've done approx 100 miles on mine. So far so good, i would recommend them to anyone based on value for money.

Ph 1 172
I've done approx 100 miles on mine. So far so good, i would recommend them to anyone based on value for money.

cool im hoping mine turn up soon then just got to get them fitted... on quick question is it vital to get these setup asap or is it ok for a month or two just boltiing them on and sorting them after that

Status
Not open for further replies.