ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels + new camera + quick clean

Black Gold Trophy
Hi all,
The girlfriend was nice enough to get me a Canon 1000D for my birthday, havent had much of a chance to play about with it and get the best out of it yet, but here's a few pictures I took of Amy's 182 Cup after I fitted the new wheels and gave it a clean today. The dirty Black Gold 182 behind it is mine and the Celica is my brothers.
I'm sure some will say speedline 2118s are 'sheep wheels' but you cant argue they suit the car and they look better than any halfrauds/wolfrace/ripspeed crap.

(Photography tips welcome)

5422427804_865859002f_z.jpg

5422423166_85bcc9808a_z.jpg

5422416816_a96befff3e_z.jpg

5422411922_4b34b6054f_z.jpg

5421801409_f51a5e703d_z.jpg

5422401236_3ef3acb9bd_z.jpg

5422396678_cf74ddbe58_z.jpg

5422390780_39078ebcbd_z.jpg

5421778621_10c0726fed_z.jpg

5421773115_9c45c6125a_z.jpg

5421729157_48f5971727_z.jpg

5422325534_870efb2d00_z.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
I think I will drop it a touch, it's currently on standard Trophy springs and dampers, perhaps just a set of Eibach sportlines.
I know what you guys mean, but you do get used to them on a standard height car and it grows on you.
I'd never buy cheap coilovers, but the Trophy dampers seem so damn perfect for handling/comfort that I doubt I could justify buying some AST or H&R etc etc

Black Gold Trophy
It looks nice but I'm getting bored of all the rb on white rims threads floating about these days.
Yeah I suppose, but both myself and my other half were getting a bit bored of the old wheels (below) and the 2118s seemed like the best choice

4988022406_744946f7ef_z.jpg

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Very nice mate, agree with the comments about it needing a bit of a drop though.

You weren't in Reigate earlier were you, saw a RB in the high street.

Black Gold Trophy
Very nice mate, agree with the comments about it needing a bit of a drop though.

You weren't in Reigate earlier were you, saw a RB in the high street.

Cheers, it does need a slight drop, I'm not sure about slamming it on the deck though! lol!
Wasnt in Reigate today so I doubt it was me.

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah, if anything the sportlines just drop it and soften the ride ever so slightly.
I've got Trophy dampers with eibach sportlines on my Black Gold sat behind the RB in the pictures above.
Had that setup for over a year now and it handles very well and sits about as low as it possibly could to remain a practical daily driver.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Scrubs up well :)

The wheels have only been on 5 mins and I need monies before i can get it sitting right!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hugely heavy wheels for 15's, plus it looks like it's on stilts. And your RS badge is way off...

Other than that, it's awesome. Get the KTR sticker off the front, too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I must be one of the only people that don't like 2118's. They just look too small, IMO. Lowering definitely helps, of course, but even so.

Still, nice motor all the same. All about opinions.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hugely heavy wheels for 15's, plus it looks like it's on stilts. And your RS badge is way off...

Other than that, it's awesome. Get the KTR sticker off the front, too.

Actually cannot believe how heavy they are! Wasn't expecting it at all when i first picked one up.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
2118's = bounce it up a kerb by accident....drive off with no buckles lol. Very well re-inforced wheels but not something I would put on if performance was key.

I dont even think sportlines could save that, as for trophy suspension being comfortable.....not really but its absolutely brilliant and I love mine with the sportlines and whiteline on :)

Black Gold Trophy
I must be one of the only people that don't like 2118's. They just look too small, IMO. Lowering definitely helps, of course, but even so.

Still, nice motor all the same. All about opinions.

I hated them for years, but I was won over eventually!

How do 2118's compare in terms of weight to 16" Turinis?

Not sure, I don't get the huge obsession with weight though, if it was competing at le mans then fair enough, but it's just a daily driver.
I do have 16 inch turinis on my car though so I could weigh them both if people are really that interested.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure, I don't get the huge obsession with weight though, if it was competing at le mans then fair enough, but it's just a daily driver.
I do have 16 inch turinis on my car though so I could weigh them both if people are really that interested.

Pointless unless they are stripped of tyres really.

But 2118's are heavy :(

Arctic Blue FF 182
Looks tidy. With a small drop like others have said it will be sweet!
What exhaust has it got? Still undecided what system I want or should get

Black Gold Trophy
Looks tidy. With a small drop like others have said it will be sweet!
What exhaust has it got? Still undecided what system I want or should get

Thanks, it's a scorpion RS192, not the best but it looks good, sounds good and was relatively cheap.

172 Cup
I think it looks lovely mate! Totally agree with you about not slamming the car, especially on sh*t coilovers like soooo many do! set of sportlines like mentioned and your onto a total winner ;)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
plus it looks like it's on stilts. And your RS badge is way off...

It's not quite that bad. Christ. That's the best i can afford for the minute aswell and tbh i don't think it looks that bad - i've seen worse.

It's also really annoying that I can't see the pictures at work for me to double check the badge, i'll ogle in the car park later but i've never noticed it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't get menstrual, I was only saying.

2118's are HEAVY wheels. It's not a problem at all, I just think it's weird that people spend a great deal of time and effort stripping and pairing their Clios back, only to add 10kg's to the unsprung weight. Which is far worse than 10kg in the car iteself. LOL.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't get menstrual, I was only saying.

2118's are HEAVY wheels. It's not a problem at all, I just think it's weird that people spend a great deal of time and effort stripping and pairing their Clios back, only to add 10kg's to the unsprung weight. Which is far worse than 10kg in the car iteself. LOL.

Thank f**k someone else agrees. Why the hell anyone would add unsprung weight for looks I've no idea. There are many wheels that are not only lighter, but look far nicer.

Sorry, but I think that looks awful. The only time 2118's look ok is on cars that are much, much lower. Looks like it's on castors.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thank f**k someone else agrees. Why the hell anyone would add unsprung weight for looks I've no idea. There are many wheels that are not only lighter, but look far nicer.

Sorry, but I think that looks awful. The only time 2118's look ok is on cars that are much, much lower. Looks like it's on castors.
There's no better looking wheel for the 182 than 2118's. How mcuh difference is the weight going to make? .9 of a second round a track?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's no better looking wheel for the 182 than 2118's. How mcuh difference is the weight going to make? .9 of a second round a track?

Ooooooh, baby got gap!

Speed/lap times is irrelevant. That's not why unsprung weight bothers me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are irrelevant?

I know what you're saying but most people will take looks over and extra half a second 0-60.

Different when you're trying to go faster, strip the whole car out then put 2118's on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You're missing the point. Unsprung weight isn't about 0-60 or speed. It makes no competitive difference (ie 10kg of unsprung will have the same effect as 10kg sprung mass.).