ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Warsaw with a 182 Cup

RB 182 Cup
Hello ClioSport members,

I'm a forum newbie from Warsaw who just bought a 182 Cup in need of some work. She was brought to Poland from France by her previous owner (I'm the third). And here she is...

J1OsCxS.jpg

I bought her on 14 July (Bastille day) and have already discovered a few things that need to be worked on. First up are the tyres (already bought a new set of Michelin PS3s) and a wheel refurb. After that she will be sent for some servicing at a friend's garage with new belts, water pump, plugs, ignition leads etc. As soon as I'm done with that I'm going to get rid of that truly horrendous rear spoiler (will replace it with a genuine Cup part or one from a V6) and will have her detailed. I also need to take the window tint off, but hopefully I'll be able to get that done sometime next week. It's going to take some effort to turn her into a true minter but hopefully with your help and encouragement I'll be able to do it. :)

By the way, are there any French Clio owners on this forum? It seems to me that UK market cars are markedly different from the ones destined for mainland Europe, which is why I have a couple of questions about the provenance of my car.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow 182 and Cup owners!

Tony

RB 182 Cup
Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. :)

ThomasBrentnall - this might well be the case. The car has full leather/alcantara upholstery, electric windows and mirrors, a RenaultSport badged steering wheel and aircon, which made me believe that it's in fact a standard 182 with Cup parts on it. I'm gonna have to visit a Renault stealership and give them my VIN, hopefully that will help me to decipher this car's origin.