ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie to the site - Clio V6 255 question

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.8 SRi

Hello,
I am new to the site..
I currently own a 1.8 SRi Corsa C.. I have done lots of mods to it and has just been featured in total vauxhall.. I have been looking at Clio V6's for a while and would really like one now. I have gone as far as I would like with my Corsa I think and having it featured n the mag has just put a cherry on the top of it..
My main concern with the Clio V6 is boot / luggage space.. The most stuff I would ever take is going to be around 5-6 Tesco's bags full of shopping.. Would that fit in?

I have seen there is a very small space in the boot behind the engine, however what is under the bonnet at the front of the car? Has anyone got any pics of it? I have been looking for ages to try and find some pics showing under the bonnet and the space / void under there..
Any pics would be great..
I would idealy like a liquid gold, acid yellow or black gold V6 if I buy one..
Whilst I am here, here are some pics of my car..
dsc_4574.jpg

dsc_4570.jpg

dsc_4569.jpg

dsc_4575.jpg

dsc_4568.jpg

dsc_4566.jpg

dsc_4579.jpg

dsc_4580.jpg

100_224021.jpg

totalvauxhallapril06.jpg

Pete :)

Turbos.
Congratulations on your feature Pete and welcome to CS. Was that the issue with the 888 Motorsport white diesel Astra VXR alternative thingy? I flicked through it in a newsagents :)

I'm sure some V6 owners will be along to help, don't forget there is always space on the missus' lap! ;)

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.8 SRi
:clown: Thanks for the reply,

Yea, it is in the April issue with the Astra 888 on the cover.. Mine is on page 88, 6 pages on the car

Turbos.
Yeah i remember seeing in the contents mentioning an Irmscher Corsa and your car isn't exactly lacking with those parts :D

Turbos.
Found this on Piston Heads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=8080

"As you'd expect from a car with a V6 in the boot, luggage space is at a bit of a premium. There is a little space behind that sonorous V6 when you lift tailgate - you might get two slim carrier bags in but that’s really it! Up front things are a bit better. One overnight bag will fit but make sure that you've packed light! Any coats just fit happily behind the seats in a netted area.

There are tiny door pockets and a slim glove box. The Alcantara and leather seats are comfy with good adjustment and the driving position is not bad. Only rake adjustment is available though. "

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Love the corsa mate (Can't beleive i just said that:O), best example i've seen.

Welcome to CS.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Hi mate, welcome to the site. The luggage space in the V6 is very limited, but some V6 owners cope very well with day to day chores. Wait til they come on, they will advise you better.

Your car looks great! A dramatic leap in performance from a 125bhp Corsa to a 255bhp RWD V6 though..Lol. You will love it.

Tyson.

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.8 SRi
Hmmm,

Just seen a pic of the space behind the seats.. That looks pretty good!! Would easily get a few tesco bags behind there.. Two in the boot, must get 3-4 under the bonnet too!!

There is a mint liquid gold one on ebay at present i have my eyes on, however I wont be able to split my corsa, sell it and then buy a V6 in time..

I am sure they are coming up for sale constantly!

Wonder what the MPG is like.. Dare I look!!!

MK2 Clio V6 255
Got to admit the space can be tight but you learn to adapt to TBH, I managed to take my Vee to weston wheels last year and got my Tent, 2 double duvets, pillows,clothes, car cleanig stuff and food all in as well as a passenger so it can be done if you really try.

Theres a small space behind the seats the width of the car with a net for your coats etc.
I wouldnt reccomend putting your shopping in the little space in the boot tho as it gets quite warm.
The space under the bonnet isnt water tight so if its raining your shopping could get slightly wet, not soaked tho.

Dennis;)

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.8 SRi
I see a blue V6 near me all the time (I live in Aldershot, Surrey) He often takes his car to Guildford and is often in Aldershot near where my house is..

How big is the space under the bonnet then? I really want to see what its like under there!!

hehe

where do you live mate?

ive seen a corsa looking very similar to yours around the Bournemouth area... love the way it looks! :approve:

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
the only corsa i have seen that i can say i actually like :D
well in mate.
just put the tesco bags on the passenger seat ;)

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.8 SRi
Fantastic!

Thanks for your help..

I think I am pretty much sold..

Now need to sort money and get my car back to standard.. Would be gutted to see somone else driving my car + I would not get as much money for it if i sold as you see today.. Been a few mods since those pics..

Head lining, A, B, and C pillars retrimmed in Alcantara to match seats.. Just more subtle mods :)

Thanks for all comments on car.. Its great to come to another car club of another car manufacture for people to like your car!! Subtle is the way forward!!

I just want a standard car now that looks good!!