ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White Clio 200 Cup
Hey all...just joined up here :D

I`m from the north east and currently own a 03 reg 1.4 litre Clio, which i`m slowly modifying to my tastes

Hope to speak with you all soon,

keef

White Clio 200 Cup
Cheers,

Perhaps i can ask some advice? i`m looking to lower my clio by 40mm or 60mm, and add on 17"s, would i be better sticking to 40mm...as i don`t want the hassle of having to roll the arches and i guess it would be more practical as i`m up and down the roads to Scotland all the time, going down some really dodgy country lanes! any ideas?

Keef

White Clio 200 Cup
Tarmac Terrorist said:
I would say fit 16's and lower it 40mm. Still looks nice but lesser chances of hitting anything

Hmm the problem being, that i think that the rims i want are available in 17"s up :dapprove: would there be any problem do you think if i had it lowered by 40mm and fitted 17"s assuming i had no arch work done?

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
It should be alright, and if the wheels you want are only available 17+ then you've got no choice really unless you find some more that you like. I think if you lower it further than 40mm with the 17's you might find some rubbing in which case you'll have to roll them arches.

White Clio 200 Cup
Hmm ok, cheers..i think i`ll go ahead with the 40mm drop and the 17"s, any thoughts on springs? ive been told Gmax springs are quality and look lower somehow than the equivalent 40mm springs by Apex

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
I got GAZ Fully adjustables, great idea, mainly 'cos if you wanna change your wheels and go bigger or find your grounding out too often you can always just crank them up!

White Clio 200 Cup
Tarmac Terrorist said:
I got GAZ Fully adjustables, great idea, mainly 'cos if you wanna change your wheels and go bigger or find your grounding out too often you can always just crank them up!

Sounds damn good! but also expensive, am i right?

White Clio 200 Cup
Tarmac Terrorist said:
Prices start from £490 from Demon Tweeks depending on your application.

yeah, while that doesn`t sound too bad really..its over budget for what i can afford at the moment i`m looking at the £200 mark (including fitting/labour costs) the reason being that i`ll have to fork out some more cash for the new rims and then whatever else i think of to add on :D

White Clio 200 Cup
Tarmac Terrorist said:
Just go for what you can afford each month, that's what I've found is the easiest thing to do

Hmm its a possibility certainly..im kind of a spender and i would say at least 80% of the cash i get gets blown on the clio, i`ve had the car about two months now and taking aside petrol costs, i`ve had the windows tinted, back lights changed and an induction kit fitted

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
I know what ya mean dude, I'm a spender too, just bought the Clio and I'm wanting to buy my Harley too in the next few months, I've only bought my induction kit for it so far (which still ain't finished! Need to run the cold feed) But most of my money goes out right at the end of the month for rent and paying a few debts and I'm usually left with about £100 which is a load of crap when people see the amount of work I do!

White Clio 200 Cup
ah i payed a little extra so i could get the induction kit fitted by a garage, i could have probably done it myself, or had a mate do it...but i thought bugger it...i`m glad i did..the roar on the way home from the garage when i put my foot down made it worth it :)

White Clio 200 Cup
Tarmac Terrorist said:
I just love irritating the neighbours! K-Tec Cat back system, K&N 57i Induction Kit, makes a luvly noise when I run it!!

I have the very same induction kit! its excellent!, i don`t have anything done to the exhaust whatsoever at the moment, but plans for a straight through system in the near future one the lowering and wheel combo are out of the way :)

Golf R/Leon FR
Cliokeef said:
Hey mate

Chester-Le-Street..just outside of Durham, yourself?

im the area rep for the north east
im from middlesbrough

we have a meet organised for sunday if you want to meet some of the lads.

im sure you can meet up with some people on the way. :)

White Clio 200 Cup
Garf172 said:
im the area rep for the north east
im from middlesbrough

we have a meet organised for sunday if you want to meet some of the lads.

im sure you can meet up with some people on the way. :)

ah the Boro eh?! i`m from there originally i used to live behind Stewart park :)

Cheers for the invite might just do that, can you give me some more details, time, area etc??

maybe PM me or msn or whatever`s easier for you mate?

(kai_eternus@hotmail.com)

Keef

Golf R/Leon FR
Cliokeef said:
ah the Boro eh?! i`m from there originally i used to live behind Stewart park :)

Cheers for the invite might just do that, can you give me some more details, time, area etc??

maybe PM me or msn or whatever`s easier for you mate?

(kai_eternus@hotmail.com)

Keef

pm'd fella :)

ill add you 2 msn also