ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus Madness

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah, I suppose. But I am pretty sure its because they know its the only way to gain market share back from Apple.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Didn't Asus make the 7 not Samsung? Or am I missing something? I agree with what you are saying though, stupid Google missed a trick there.

Yes, different vendors but there's no reason why it shouldn't have looked the same.

133/225/CLS AMG
Credit to them, it looks like a good range of products and there's definitely a market for another brand to step in to the whole tablet market.

I mean I've got a fair few Apple products and I personally think they're worth the price but many don't and many people are quite anti-Apple. They will be the people lapping up the Nexus products, plus they appeal because they are that bit cheaper but just as capable or if not more so.

I'm just looking forward to setting up the 32gb 7 I bought my mum for Xmas! :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
One og my housemates told me he didn't want the Nexus 4 because it was "too cheap" and would rather a HTC one x+ because it's more expensive. Now he's buying a Samsung Galaxy mini because its worth £300.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah, I suppose. But I am pretty sure its because they know its the only way to gain market share back from Apple.

The nexus 4 is not a serious iPhone competitor.

It's a niche product, designed to drive the direction of android. Hence the price.

2014 Focus Titanium

It's a niche product, designed to drive the direction of android. Hence the price.

I don't agree at all, for me it's a DIRECT competitor. Other than the famous apple build quality, what makes it any different?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

I don't think it's a niche product, i think the market is smaller than that of the iPhone but the Nexus 4 is priced to try and get iPhone users who may not be happy with their phones at the minute due to the IOS 6 issues to give an android phone a chance for a relatively small outlay.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

wow. Just wow. That's a properly blinkered view.

You just have to look at how quickly it' sold out to realise it's a serious contender. Clearly even Google didn't know there was such a level of demand for it.
The price is just realistic, not greedy like so many manufacturers

BMW E34 540i
Lack of LTE ir 4G is easy to overcome as most us will carry phone with us anyway, easier to upgrade the phone and share the internet over wifi than upgrade the tablet.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't think you understand what I mean. Even google would agree.

Wasn't a negative comment at all, it's just not a mass market device.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Wow, back on sale (briefly) in the US yesterday....8-9 week shipping.

Rarer than rocking horse shite.

(PS this phone is awesome)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Can see the Nexus 4 being the Next "Must have" phone when people remove the blinkers and brand loyalty !
Not read a negative review yet !

Last edited:
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I want one still :(

Sold my S3, using a 4s at the moment and its just no where near as good.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Can see the Nexus 4 being the Next "Must have" phone when people remove the blinkers and brand loyalty !
Not read a negative review yet !

Its amazing, love mine - although if iOS6 hadn't been so poor I probably would be wandering around with a iPhone 5.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Poor is a bit harsh. Iterative is better.

If by iterative you mean iterative backwards - iOS6 is iOS5 but worse.

I still wouldn't touch a non nexus device with a bargepole, but apple have been making some odd decisions in the past year.

Who knows, with foreskins departure things might get back on track with iOS, but I'm not convinced that Jony ive is the right person to be heading that up, he's a designer not an software engineer and the problems iOS have are software related and not design related. (Barring the notes and game centre ui)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This is a discussion for another thread, but I'm with you to an extent.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
This is a discussion for another thread, but I'm with you to an extent.

Yeah.

Supply is almost certainly being constrained by the "nexus money pot". Google are selling these devices at either cost (or more likely a loss) and they are after all having to buy them from LG, so there's only so many that they can get out into the supply chain.

There was always going to be a large amount of unhappy people when they couldn't get one.

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I'm sorely tempted, even though I don't need one of these at all. My Nexus 7 has been great, and I quite fancy seeing how Google Now functions with a 3G connection.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
seems to be an issue. It's not appeared yet. I've been refreshing since 16.55

oooh, I've ordered. No bumpers available though......lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
seems to be an issue. It's not appeared yet. I've been refreshing since 16.55

oooh, I've ordered. No bumpers available though......lol

Awesome.

I ordered one (in a separate order to my phone) on launch day. Despite the phone arriving a couple of days layer, the bumper still hasn't turned up!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I got a 16gb, 1-2 weeks delivery, must be taking orders for 2 batches maybe? Hopefully here before Xmas!

looks like batches. I got in there as fast as I could and got a 1-2 week, but a friend went home first and got a 4-5 week wait

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Awesome.

I ordered one (in a separate order to my phone) on launch day. Despite the phone arriving a couple of days layer, the bumper still hasn't turned up!

some fucker on ebay is selling one for £60!!!!

F82 M4
Ordered the 16GB Nexus 4, 5-6 weeks wait. Should still be able to get £150 for my iPhone 4. Have been dying to get away from this iPhone for nearly a year now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You know how you can set the iphone up with the ipad, can you do the same with the nexus 7 and a galaxy s3? Cheers.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Screenshot_2012-12-09-09-05-24.pngScreenshot_2012-12-09-09-05-36.png