ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nice computer build

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ah i see nice

so can someone tell me, would putting a ssd into my laptop make a big difference speed wise?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
well those samsung drives mentioned have sequential read and write rates of 220MB/s and 200MB/s respectively using the standard SATA 3Gb/s interface. So yes the difference "should" be quite something

Better than yours. C*nt.
?

Pretty cool though, but an utter waste. Surely the bus is way beyond saturated at 5.2GB/s though? As you'd need to be running at 6GB/s bus speed to be able to take it, which I'm fairly sure that the controllers are stuck at 3GB/s due to the complexities of processing the data at a different speed to the speed it's talking to the drives. Hence the birth of 2nd Generation SAS and soon to be SATA 6G.

I may be wrong, but it's the impression I got from HGST on the limitations of SAS. 14 drives would be about it's performance peak I'd say!