ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D40 Help

Is there anyway I can take a pic and then have it appear on my PC thats right next to me?

Otherwise I have to reconnect the cable and then click, click, click to find it and view.

Id like it to appear instantly..

I think it's the Nikon Capture stuff. Not being a Nikon user I'm not 100% sure that you can with a D40, but yes, it is possible with the professional ranges. Both wired and wireless I do believe, depending on the equipment you're using, a lot of studio photographers shoot this way.

Suzuki Ignis
search google for 'tethered shooting'
Nikon capture can do it with d40 i think, not tried it get though.
Or just found Nikon Camera control pro which is only 50quid.

Last edited:
iirc the Nikon software even allows you to set it up to take pics for you. Going to investigate a bit further as I would like to do a time lapse day of my garden in the Summer, I figure connecting it to a laptop with the software would be far easier than sitting there with a stop-watch all day!

erg, silver.

can i ask why you would want to do this?

Close up pics really. They look ok on the camera screen, but moved to the PC and it doesnt always look as good.

iirc the Nikon software even allows you to set it up to take pics for you. Going to investigate a bit further as I would like to do a time lapse day of my garden in the Summer, I figure connecting it to a laptop with the software would be far easier than sitting there with a stop-watch all day!

Yeh, can control all the bits really, shutter etc etc.

Just need to work out how I get it work..