ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No exhaust hangers...Can I add some?

Sorry all to keep on about exhaust questions, hopefully this will be the last one!

Basically my exhaust is low at the back, but not because of sagging mounts, basically it doesn't actually use the rear mounts at all!

image.jpg image.jpg

Could I get an exhaust hanger welded onto the backbox to use that mount, hopefully to hold the exhaust up higher so it its in the slots better?

My only concern is that there seems to quite a lot of pressure needed to hold it up, so I'm wondering whether it will be strong enough...

Reason for the pressure I think is due to some part the exhaust pushing up against the underside of the car, but I'll double check when I get it on ramps

Also, as you can probably see in the photo, the backbox has a hole in it
image.jpg
Fixable? If so, what's the best way?

Many Thanks

James

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You need to weld a hanger onto the box. But the box has a hole in it, its too loud and you will have a faff welding it etc. If there was enough of a reason to get a new exhaust it would be that, lol.

Agree completely haha...I'm just trying to save some money and be a cheapskate!

Thing is the welding won't cost me anything, as I've got access to a car ramp and welder, and a good mate is a good welder and owes me a couple of favours

I actually think the right hand rear mount has been removed, so I'd need a new one of them fitted

I'm hoping then with two they'd be able to hold the backbox up enough, without putting too much pressure on

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah with a new exhaust ;).

You will have to weld the hole, which im sure you know. But if money is tight and you want to mess about (in a good way) then go fo it :)

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
Looks like that hole is where the exhaust hanger used to be.

So are there no hangers on the back box at all?

Looks like that hole is where the exhaust hanger used to be.

So are there no hangers on the back box at all?
That's what I thought at first, but couldn't be sure

There's one hanger on the backbox, but towards the front (cat end) but none at the back

Come one then guys, what's this system worth? Gotta be worth something, besides the hole (which I don't know how much difference that makes) and the fact it hangs low, see pic below
image.jpg

I'll still stand by the fact it sounds awesome, but just too loud for my liking

Been looking at aftermarket exhausts and seems the easy option tbh, but still half tempted to see what can be done with this one

6 month olds and it's gone from £360 to £0....fairly impressive, shows what a poor job they did by the looks

Looks like I'm keeping it then! Just figure out the mounting and get the hole sorted...so I'll be looking at spending what £20 or so and I should have it all sorted

Just need to get a cat sorted to quieten things down, which I'd need to get for another catback system anyway

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
6 months old? Didn't it come with some kind of guarantee? Can you not take it back to the people that made/fitted it?

6 months old? Didn't it come with some kind of guarantee? Can you not take it back to the people that made/fitted it?
Here's the invoice buddy :
image.jpg

Invoice dated 13/01/2015

Problem is I never bought it, was the previous owner, and I would be tempted to call but when they are 200miles away, hardly seems worth it!

Not worth the expense of a 400mile round trip, I'd spend more than the exhuast was worth

Ive just found they've got a contact form on their website, might be worth a try