ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No welding required half cage

Clio 182
Now then ive seen one or two half cages that bolt into existing on the car thus no welding and can be returned to stock at some point can someone point me in the right direction of purchasing one please?

I use the MSV rear cage that was used in all the MSV Clio's. Very similar to the K-tec one. Great bit of kit, and can be fitted in less than 30 minutes. A warning though if you have a bucket seat on a custom sub-frame, due the cage bolting into the front seatbelt mount the sub-frame may need to be fabricated slightly. I had to lob off the back right trailing piece of metal of a Jonfoz frame to accommodate the MSV cage.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Have just bought a 4 point rear cage, so in the deciding what to do phase. Seats will be ripped out in next week or 2 (Just got a 13 month MOT:) and will get mounting plates welded in, even if its £150. Safe than sorry n all that.

What's a point of a roll cage, if you ever need it, punctures through the base of the car, or just becomes completely unstable

Get plates welded in :)

NB: Anyon know a decent welder around the Brighton Hove coast- ive got a couple places, but yellow pages that's all.