ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non clio help needed!

My mate has got a vauxhall astra 1.4i, 1991, and what a sh*t car it is too. Anyway he is having real problems with it. The engine idling is all over the place, and there is a knocking noise coming from the gearbox/clutch area. When the clutch is depressed the knocking stops, and the idling sorts it self out. When driving it the knocking gets worse, and he has to drive it in 1st 2nd or 3rd at really high revs to get anywhere. The knocking is worse under load. Any ideas? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Sounds like its fooked! :confused:

Must be something transmission-related I reckon. Take it to a Mr Clutch garage perhaps to see if they can diagnose it?

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Dont know what the problem is, but whatever is wrong with it - it will probably be cheaper to just buy another car!

Book price for a private sale is £135 !lol

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, the car is fooked I know that much, its just he bought it as a runaround while he finds a decent A3 turbo. Think he might have to scrap the astra and get the Audi as quick as he can. Cheers anyway!