ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North Weald meet, 28.01.12

SG9 Forester STi
Argh! Change it to Sunday then nobody's working!

Was just about to add mine and Bens name when I saw the date which is the day I get back from Holiday :(. Was really hoping to get to this aswell as I'll have had some work done to the car.

If it was Sunday I'd be there but unfortunately I don't get back into the UK until 5ish on the Saturday. Gutted.

Megane GT
Yeah there will be a few people meeting at rayleigh, unfortunately I'm working that day now till 12 so ill cone straight from work.

I've put this meet on 197.net and its got some interest so we should have a few more

So you not meeting up at Halfords then?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Checking the dates- I wont be coming on a Sat---

Needs 2 be a sunday to get the best turnout! I though it was a sun!

S

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
yes it is still a very active runaway "sorry runaways" Remember the aircraft have right of way and that's not a joke lol

BMW 535d
I dont get how you get round to where you meet

From memory the market is up the top, runway to one side and that leads right down to the end of the boundary

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I dont get how you get round to where you meet

From memory the market is up the top, runway to one side and that leads right down to the end of the boundary

Same.

I've not been there in a long time, are we going in the main entrance, going left then following it round. Or have I got it completely wrong? :eek:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Same.

I've not been there in a long time, are we going in the main entrance, going left then following it round. Or have I got it completely wrong? :eek:

no spot on brian:race:i think we may be straffed by rafmatt if we stray

monaco 172
This will be my first meet.Ile b heading up with a 200 and pssibly another 172 but not 2 sure where 2 exactly go when we get there?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
no spot on brian:race:i think we may be straffed by rafmatt if we stray

:D I'll remember to bring the hoody etc, too!

This will be my first meet.Ile b heading up with a 200 and pssibly another 172 but not 2 sure where 2 exactly go when we get there?

Basically what I wrote further up seems to be correct, if there's any more info anyone can add to help, I'm sure they'll mention it

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Follow the signs to the airfield on the main roads if you don't know where you're going.

http://g.co/maps/sb7jg <-- This is the camo hut you're aiming for.

Zoom out so you can see the whole airfield. Go in the main gate, which is at about 3 o/c on the airfield's perimeter. Go left once you're through the barrier and just follow the perimeter road round. It's a good couple of miles but eventually you'll get there.

Look out for aircraft !!!

Megane GT
So er I cant come . . . sorry to let the team down guys :( I have a course that day for my new job :dapprove:
Mark we will have to have our race another day! And Ty Ill be so late this time that I wont even make it there :p

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Im going to pop to halfords at 12 in Rayleigh, if no1s there I'll go home :p no idea hownto get there on me jack! Will bring the lady friend for some company too.. (I'm shy and never been to a meet before haha ;)

Fear I'll be out classed though, my ickle 1.2 haha

Last edited:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Im going to pop to halfords at 12 in Rayleigh, if no1s there I'll go home :p no idea hownto get there on me jack! Will bring the lady friend for some company too.. (I'm shy and never been to a meet before haha ;)

just go to chelmsford then follow the 414 to harlow you cannot miss it, if pos bring more lady friends:approve: happy days

There will be a few people there. I might see if i can make it there for 12 but it will most likely be half 12

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I'm still planning to come and be at Halfords at Rayleigh at 12, but my Clutch went Saturday and is in the Garage tommorow, so aslong as it's fixed I'll be there.

monaco 172
aint got a clue just saw this thread and thought that if weather is good i will go! what time you planning on leaving? where bouts are you in west sussex?

Im meeting a m8 from chichester but im from midhurst. Our easiest way is head guildford a3 then m25 round to j26 I think. but will have to look it up will you be heading up the m23?

BMW 535d
Whos the friendliest one to approach. Considering ill probs be on my own as the missus has bailed on me. And the fact ill probs be the only mk1 there. Look at me like an alien i can quite imagine.

Mummy cant even come with me

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Whos the friendliest one to approach. Considering ill probs be on my own as the missus has bailed on me. And the fact ill probs be the only mk1 there. Look at me like an alien i can quite imagine.

Mummy cant even come with me

haha buy me a coffee and you'll have a friend for life :)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
You can approach me, if I don't approach you first (you'll be easy to spot in the mk1!)

BMW 535d
Nice. We can talk tesco clubcards and nectar points. Ill bring some soil samples too. May aswell make a sales pitch considering its so close to home...

Assuming its an airfield, will there be a place for accessible coffee? Or was that an invitation for a date?