ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(North) West Midlands

Lionel Richie
already underway infact, did someone say hog roast?

anyway how about this postcode for a meet B94 6HR, any good?

WRX
I know a good place ten minutes from Fred's that does great pub food Mon-Sat lunchtimes. Not on the nights or Sundays though, that's when the chef does mine personally.;)
Proper ale too!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair we said we'd establish the monthly meets and have found a date which works so there's no reason wwe can't now start moving them about. Fred you know the area so is that postcode somewhere you'd recommend for food or what?

WRX
Lovely area, some of the pubs you need to remortgage for though. Jasper Carrot, Tony Iommi and other rich Brummies live around there.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch :( first didn't reply to my text and now a load of abuse lol. You just lost your most awkward customer lol.
Im just trying to help haha.

Lionel Richie
i might let you attend then, depends how big your bill is going to be ;) (any day apart from tomorrow is fine, i'm in Leeds dropping a car off and Zoltan is busy)

just an idea for the few of us who like doing things other than standing in carparks, DRINKING gets my vote :evil:

Lovely area, some of the pubs you need to remortgage for though. Jasper Carrot, Tony Iommi and other rich Brummies live around there.

they let me in and i'm poor LOL!

there's also this lot http://www.lovelypubs.co.uk/venues/ we use to have meets at all of them

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Fred, The only problem I have with that location is that you have suggested it, and if the usual happens...it means that the person who suggests it doesn't turn up!

Its not a dig mate...just how people roll..

(Put a meet on at....meet arranged, person either can't make it or just doesn't turn up.)

The main things to cover are location, food (price of!) beverages and parking.

Some places might need us to pre-book...would this place?

---

Just to clarify something...I'm always travelling to meets that I've arranged around the place...I don't mind though. Its a massive area and is a pain to keep everyone happy. We can move the meet around each month (the regular one), but will need to pre-agree the meet...so maybe people at the monthly meet can suggest a place so we keep things fresh. :)

I think that there might be another Star City Meet in the near future too...just to keep Mr. Hopkins happy!!! :rasp:

Lionel Richie
My mate owns the pub and my Mrs runs it and i support the bar most of the time, i'll turn up (i'll already be there LOL!)

WRX
Is there still a dart board with the floor chiselled out? Doubt it as it was done about 40 years ago by two people very close to me but no longer with us. Never been in to confirm.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
i might let you attend then, depends how big your bill is going to be ;) (any day apart from tomorrow is fine, i'm in Leeds dropping a car off and Zoltan is busy)
Haha not sure how large yet :s
(Okay mate well I'm working every other day so will just get you to have a quick look Saturday when dropping the girlfriends 1.2 off and then get mine booked in dependent on diagnosis.)

just an idea for the few of us who like doing things other than standing in carparks, DRINKING gets my vote :evil:
I actually think a proper drinking session is in order, bit far for me and a taxi but Travelodge's are like £19 so could do that. Or we suspend hammocks in BTM HQ.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i wont come :( i cant drink anything alcholic due to heart conditions FFS. and befoee anyone askes, no im not being the taxi pmsl :p

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
i wont come :( i cant drink anything alcholic due to heart conditions FFS. and befoee anyone askes, no im not being the taxi pmsl :p

You can have soft drinks. I will be on shandys or diet coke. Its justva social gathering mate...we wont all be getting drunk as we all have to drive home (or give Fred a lift!)

---
I am gonna arrange something for Xmas on Broad Street I think, bit will let people know so we can book places to stay. :)

WRX
Yeah but you can't grumble for £3.70 I think it is.
My son loves it there and it's better than a Maccys etc.
The Saracen's Head at Corley used to be the best pub around until we sold it.:rasp:

Last edited: