ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(NOT) Diesel in a 182 - Electrical issues??

Da

Less
Yep, can't guarantee it works though as I've no means of testing it. (need a blow torch or similar)

Da

Less
Ok, cheers. Yeah from speaking to others, that small change in figures is pretty normal it seems.

Changing the plugs tomorrow, then the leads and coil pack so will take it from there.

Da

Less
I don't have access to a pressure tester but I'll try and get some pictures of the plugs when they're out.

Da

Less
Update -

MAP sensor is faulty! :)

Ordering new plugs and got a MAP sensor on the way so should all be sorted out very soon!

:approve:

Da

Less
It is, swapped my MAP to Carl's car and his did exactly the same as mine once warmed up.
Put his MAP on mine and everything ran fine.

I'm going to change the plugs on mine as they did seem a little dry fouled but I'm just being cautious really by changing them.

Fabia vrs tdi
Yeah i will have it i know mines is broken so would be no loss if this one was broke lol, how much you want for it?

Fiesta ST3
been reading this thread with interest so put me out of my misery and take a pic of the problem part in situ..
you never know it might come in handy one day;)

Da

Less
A MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) -

IMG_6010.gif

Not my pic BTW, blatantly ripped from a thread on here :eek:

Da

Less
Big thanks to you too Steve, for all your help and advice :)

I shall now not be cancelling my appointment with the Kev-mobile! ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
lol very strange, but glad to hear all is fine now daz. what did the sensor cost out of interest? is it not a pain to change or was is just the end bit?

Da

Less
Brand new they're about £70 I think Jonny but managed to source one secondhand for £20 with 3 months warranty. Easy enough to replace really, the sensor just needs 'persuading' to pop out of the hole in the side of the plenum. Once out though it's a simple unplug old sensor, plug in new one and push back into the hole.

Golf GTD Mk7
Brand new they're about £70 I think Jonny but managed to source one secondhand for £20 with 3 months warranty. Easy enough to replace really, the sensor just needs 'persuading' to pop out of the hole in the side of the plenum. Once out though it's a simple unplug old sensor, plug in new one and push back into the hole.

ah thought so. at least there wasn't a wiring issue. Get back to enjoying it again mate. Sound like you need to take the old girl out for a spin :)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I've got exacltly the same problem ...just waiting on a map sensor which I'll get next week.

Is it ok to run the car with a dodgy sensor?

I've just been out , car was fine for about 2 miles then started spluttering and trying to cut out.

Could this damage the engine at all?

I've got home and the exhaust is black inside and stinks of eggs.

Thanks

Da

Less
It only affects the Best Colour ones iirc.

;)

J - I ran mine to get it home and had it outside my house idling it from time to time trying out various solutions. The only thing besides the MAP that I ended up buggering was the sparkplugs.

Oh and you'll use a shed load of fuel!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
;)

J - I ran mine to get it home and had it outside my house idling it from time to time trying out various solutions. The only thing besides the MAP that I ended up buggering was the sparkplugs.

Oh and you'll use a shed load of fuel!

Ok thanks....Did you have the emissions light on aswell Da?

I've bought a new cat and map sensor now so hopefully one of them will fix it.

I've had the emissions light on and off all through winter which I thought was the norm....so it's probably un related.

Da

Less
My emissions light came on depending on how long I ran the car for - sometimes it was on - sometimes it wasn't.

I changed the front O2 sensor first to no avail.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Da,

How did you remove the Map sensor?

Had a look at removing mine today but it's soo tight inside and I've heard they are easily snapped .

Is it doable without removing the plenium?

Just don't fancy snapping mine inside.

Thanks

Da

Less
Yeah it's do-able. Infact I doubt removing the plenum would aid you at all.

I took a large flat metal ruler and just gently prised it out, making sure I kept the 'spout' that enters the plenum as straight as possible.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Just been out and done it using a ruler ,worked a treat.

I thought it was in the plenum further than than and it would snap inside.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Fitted the new sensor on mine today and I think it's fixed it.

Still a load of Black s**te coming out the exhaust but I suppose the cats clogged up.

Maybe a retarded question but how would I know if the plugs are knackerd?

Da

Less
The black s**t will continue to be expelled as it'll be in the exhaust system.

The only way to check the plugs is to remove them unfortunately.