ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(NOT) Diesel in a 182 - Electrical issues??

Da

Less
Re: Diesel in a 182

An update -

Had the car hooked upto an RS Tuner tonight and it's still the same thing, once it's warm it will not idle nor acellerate.

Comes back with the following fault on the Tuner -

DF0092/DF0967 O2 Sensor Front

I have replaced the front O2 sensor with a brand new one so does anyone have any ideas or is it Renault time??

:S

M

mini-valver

I'd be checking the plug for the Llambda on the loom side and making sure its not rubbed through on the heatshield

Da

Less

Yeah was kinda thinking it must be loom side so to speak, as the sensor is brand new.

Just need this snow to bugger off so I can get the car jacked up for a proper look!

Anyone familiar with those codes? Not your regular P**** code!?!

Da

Less
Spoke to some Renault techies today and they are suggesting I check the APS (MAP?) sensor, so that's next on the list.
Getting pretty fed up now and if it isn't sorted this weekend I shall be putting it into dealers next week!

Da

Less
No, to be honest I've discounted fuel as a problem now as the car has burnt off a quarter of the full tank that I put in after she conked out. To be honest I think the RAC man was stuck for ideas with his limited OBD reader.
If it subsequently emerges that fuel is to blame then I shall be back in touch with the garage.

ITB'd MK1
rather than just looking at the fault codes, have a look at the voltage from the lambda. It should cycle between 0 and 1v (normally 40mv to 980mv)

Da

Less
Where would I test the voltage Danny? Do you mean with the car running fine or once warmed up and running rough?

ITB'd MK1
using the diagnostics software, should have live data oon RStuner??? once it's running and warm, as lambda is switched off on cold running cycle

Da

Less
I have cleaned the throttle body this morning, it was a bit grimey but nothing major and it has made no difference once put back together.

Had the RS Tuner hooked up again and the front O2 is reading between 409mV and 507mV so I'm assuming that is fine?

Loads of other paramaters were highlighted in red though, injection timing, knock sensor, throttle position to name but a few.

:dapprove:

I've not read all the way through this but when you say it won't idle or acceleration does it just refuse to do either completely and die or does it missfire/splutter?

Da

Less
It missfires and splutters till you get past I would say 2.5k-3k then it will accelerate fine.
On idle it stutters all the time and the engine is shuddering and the exhaust pops.

Still smells as though it's running very rich when you stand at the rear of the car and is still turning my tail pipes a nasty colour of black :dapprove:

If you rev the car whilst idle then drop your foot off the pedal the revs drop right down below 500 and it will often cut out, but sometimes it regulates itself and will pick back up to around 1100.

Da

Less
I'm 99% certain now that the fuel wasn't a problem to start with.

How do you adjust the gap anyway?

Da

Less
I'm now wondering if the initial O2 issue has caused the mis-fuelling and subsequetly knackered my spark plugs.

Does that seem feasible?

So I've rectified the original fault (O2 sensor) but am now running with knackered plugs because of it??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
May be inspect them, but cant see it imo, as surely if it were a plug issue it would do it all the time?

Da

Less
Going to swap them tomorrow, well the plugs, leads and coil pack anyway just to eliminate them completely.

As per the PM Ryan - mine could be described as dry fouling.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Brand new genuine? If its non genuine not worth the box its packaged in! been there many a time!

plug / wiring all look ok?

ITB'd MK1
as Steve says, non gen sensors aren't reliable unless they're from oem supplier (NGK iirc)

possible that the cat is blocked. remove it and have a look (piss easy on a 182)

Da

Less
Plug/wiring all look fine yeah.

I don't think it's genuine but I'll check the box when I get home.
Might try refitting the old sensor and see what readings I get from that?

This is what I bought -

IMG_9436.JPG

CAT I'll remove tomorrow, providing weather holds out!

Da

Less
Yeah I think it's Bosch, edited that post now ;)

Don't have a blow torch to test the old sensor off-car so will have to refit it in order to check it out.

Da

Less
the lambda ?......or somethin else lol

Both lol ;)

However, the old sensor doesn't rattle when shook. New sensor is Bosch so am I right in thinking it's OE spec?

*edit* Just cleaned the old sensor and it's 100% Bosch so all is good :)

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Are both o.e lambdas the same? Ie could you not swap pre/post cat round? Being as the second looks if the cat is working it will only bring on the emissions light?
Also could you not check for continuity at the plug and to the ecu to rule out broken wires?

Da

Less
Yeah both exactly the same. They can be swapped no problems.

I am just sat in the car now with the RS Tuner hooked up, the ignition is on but the car is not started. I am getting very sporadic readings from the following parameters;

Throttle pedal limp home input
Throttle pedal track 1 input
Throttle pedal track 2 input

All three are reading up and down from 14.43 to 14.51 and they are flashing green/red simultaneously.

O2 front sensor reading a constant 409.92mV and O2 rear reading exactly the same.