ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not quite the usual tyre question....

RS Clio 172 Cup
I realise there are a plethora of threads on here debating the best tyre but I am asking for opinions / help with a very specific use in mind...

Since the AD08-R tyres I have fitted currently have been classified a MSA 1b tyre, and the old AD08 compound is no longer manufactured, what are peoples thoughts on the best MSA 1a tyre? (dry conditions only) I will be sprinting so a strong side wall is essential.

From quick research so far Michellin Pilot Sport 3 are looking favourite but I have no experience of them.

Relevant opinions most welcome :)

WRX
Personally I would try to get some old stock of the AD08s but failing that the 1A list is essentially premium road tyres, so PS3s as you have suggested or the usual big names Bridgestone, Contis, Vredestein or Pirellis. All pretty much the same performance really.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Agreed. Been looking on eBay for some time lol. Thanks for the advice:)

karl don't rush into anything yet. First sprint is not till April so as I've said to you if I decide to sell up you can have my F1's with good ADO8's on

RS Clio 172 Cup
Aye. Cheers John. Just trying to do some reasearch/ info gathering. Wont be buying until Feb next year. Unless I find some AD08s or a friend just gives me theirs for FREE ;)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Aye. Cheers John. Just trying to do some reasearch/ info gathering. Wont be buying until Feb next year. Unless I find some AD08s or a friend just gives me theirs for FREE ;)

Karl the problem you have is that you don't have any friends lol

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Like I hope your pockets are Deep

A Cup gearbox with a quaiffe diff won't be cheap lol

RS Clio 172 Cup
After all them breakfasts and coffees ive bought you over the years?

Ive got deep pockets but my arms are very short

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I think we should all run budgets just for fun

I managed to get 4 ad08 and used them in September so I've still got them stored up for next year but I do need to get a couple of other tyres to perhaps use on the back to save the AD08 for the front.

RS Clio 172 Cup
I think we should all run budgets just for fun

I managed to get 4 ad08 and used them in September so I've still got them stored up for next year but I do need to get a couple of other tyres to perhaps use on the back to save the AD08 for the front.

A separate Wanli sub class lol