ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

SQ5
We won't be doing any organising. I said in the FB event ill post links of things for people to book themselves!

pimp mobile Zafira
I best start getting the pennies put away. I'm in need of a passenger if anyone's up for it to keep the spend down.

Am I alright to organise with you dan? Sort camping or something to keep costs down! You got the flamer yet?

Not much to sort on camping, we just turn up and its something like 14€ a day. Only thing to book is ferry.

Flamers sold before I could sell mine. Getting a 172 part ex in december. But I think im selling that to Ben lol.

SQ5
If anyone wants to have a bit of a challenge we are buying a banger and heading over :)

Mainly because I have no car and Quinton doesn't trust the evo. Most you can spend is £500 on buying and "modifying"

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'll be going at a similar time with mates. Not fixed anything yet as no published tf dates and the gp is around then took.

I'll be going at a similar time with mates. Not fixed anything yet as no published tf dates and the gp is around then took.

You taking your MX5? Cant imagine they have much room for luggage.

And dont worry Dean, im picking up another clio which is more to my taste and im sadly excited about.

We also need to get more media coverage of this trip, I might even treat myself to a go pro :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
doubt it. I've not felt confident enough to really enjoy the track in any car I've been there with so far, So I'm taking a 205 GTI

Think i'm getting old an unable to learn new tricks :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If anyone wants to have a bit of a challenge we are buying a banger and heading over :)

Mainly because I have no car and Quinton doesn't trust the evo. Most you can spend is £500 on buying and "modifying"

Those trips always sound a lot cooler than they actually end up being, I blame top gear, lol

We'll be back over there probably when there is a destination nurburgring day again so we can enjoy it on a closed circuit as well as the tourist laps, and probably a bit of spa too.

SQ5
Those trips always sound a lot cooler than they actually end up being, I blame top gear, lol

We'll be back over there probably when there is a destination nurburgring day again so we can enjoy it on a closed circuit as well as the tourist laps, and probably a bit of spa too.

Not trying to be "cool".

Mate doesn't want to take his Evo due to reliability and I have no car, so was an easy way to find something, take it bring it back and sell it and hope to either make money or break even!

doubt it. I've not felt confident enough to really enjoy the track in any car I've been there with so far, So I'm taking a 205 GTI

Think i'm getting old an unable to learn new tricks :p

Not that blue one on bodies thats always at yours? (If that is even a 205 lol)
I dont feel confident driving round the ring tbh, it scares the s**t out of me. I just loved going so much last year, ill probably only do 2 laps a day.

Danny if you do what you told me the other day, I will love you for ever!!

I dont feel confident driving round the ring tbh, it scares the s**t out of me. I just loved going so much last year, ill probably only do 2 laps a day.

Danny if you do what you told me the other day, I will love you for ever!!

Thats is if I dont get with Rhys.

And Breamy i promise we will go this time, unlike our failed september trip ha. Take it you ordered the Hero3? If thats out yet

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

No that's my mate Gus's. Think he's trying to get that done to take too.
I've bought a GTI-6 enigned 205 from a guy I know in Bath, that was converted by Miles at Pug-Performance at the begining of the year. It's pure track toy, but I love it a little bit already

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not trying to be "cool".

Mate doesn't want to take his Evo due to reliability and I have no car, so was an easy way to find something, take it bring it back and sell it and hope to either make money or break even!

Lol, wasnt saying you were going it to be cool, just saying that those trips always sound like more fun than they are, bottom line is the track is more enjoyable in a decent car thats all, and obviously bangers can have reliability issues.

That said, I would of course MUCH sooner do it in a banger than not do it at all.

Plus you could always not register it to your correct address and it wont matter if you crash it, FLOL

SQ5
Lol, wasnt saying you were going it to be cool, just saying that those trips always sound like more fun than they are, bottom line is the track is more enjoyable in a decent car thats all, and obviously bangers can have reliability issues.

That said, I would of course MUCH sooner do it in a banger than not do it at all.

Plus you could always not register it to your correct address and it wont matter if you crash it, FLOL

That last option is a plan of ours to be honest, if it breaks down it gets left!

With the plans we have though I reckon I'll end up keeping it lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That last option is a plan of ours to be honest, if it breaks down it gets left!

E36 325 would probably be my weapon of choice for a banger rally to the ring.

What you thinking of using?

No that's my mate Gus's. Think he's trying to get that done to take too.
I've bought a GTI-6 enigned 205 from a guy I know in Bath, that was converted by Miles at Pug-Performance at the begining of the year. It's pure track toy, but I love it a little bit already

I always had that car down as an epic build that would never finished lol.
New car sounds good!

SQ5
E36 325 would probably be my weapon of choice for a banger rally to the ring.

What you thinking of using?

We're no planning on a trackable car to be honest, if it goes round easily a couple of times thats perfect as its not a great handling car.

Hoping to be using a Megane Scenic, very practical vehicle for taking stuff, comfort and they come up VERY cheap. I will then be putting in my spare 172 engine, just for s***s and giggles :)

Trafic 140dci

Lets face it Danny, you'll know someone selling a stupidly cheap ph1 172, use that, get back, break it ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We're no planning on a trackable car to be honest, if it goes round easily a couple of times thats perfect as its not a great handling car.

Hoping to be using a Megane Scenic, very practical vehicle for taking stuff, comfort and they come up VERY cheap. I will then be putting in my spare 172 engine, just for s**ts and giggles :)

Different, probably be ok on fuel compared to most of the scenic engines though.

Cant help think a 500 quid clio would be a better place to put the engine for a ring trip though.

SQ5
Different, probably be ok on fuel compared to most of the scenic engines though.

Cant help think a 500 quid clio would be a better place to put the engine for a ring trip though.

If a Mk1 or Ph1 could be had in a decent condition I would. I got 40MPG in my supercharged one earlier this year, so hoping to get somewhere near!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So are you saying you thought of camp and then thought of me and Dave? ;) we're starting our savings but obviously we've got a fair bit more petrol to pay for! Should probably run it past my real wife too!