ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Bill Increases. Again.

Anybody else get emailed something like this today?

At O2, we want you to have the best digital experience possible. That's why we're always investing in the best technology.
We're already making this happen. But with the current Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation at 2.7%, the cost of everything is going up. As a result, we're adjusting the price of your tariff in line with RPI. This means when you get your March 2014 bill, it will be updated from £37.15 to £38.15

I live in Wales where the 3G is "good enough" by O2's standards. In the centre of Cardiff my speeds don't exceed ~2.5mb where as my mate on EE gets 4G as fast as the fibre to my door - and where he doesn't get LTE, he sees 3G pretty much everywhere he goes. The masts in my area top out around 1mb.
In work I see GPRS at most, where as everybody on EE or 3 has full HSDPA.
My contract started at £36 and I know it's only a bump of £2.15, but it's £2.15 I don't want to pay for a s**t service.
My contract is up in June or something like that and I cannot wait to be rid of them.

I'll buy my next mobile and go 1 month Sim-Only. I'm not being tied for two years again.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yep, I'm on sim only (can't fault their service down here) although Giff Gaff for half the cost and more data is appealing.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had anything yet but I will expect it now.
I did have an increase of my BT bill without warning although they have said that everyone was emailed on Jan 4th. I don't remember reading any emails from them though.

All sneaky b*****ds though. Increase the fees for the same s**t service.

Edit, just had email from o2. Up 72p per month.

Ofcom just passed a rule saying providers may not put up their prices, however O2 simply countered it.
Have a read:
http://www.theguardian.com/business...prices-changed-contracts?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Copied from the O2 site

Customers who signed up pre-23rd January 2014
Ofcom's guidance only applies to contracts made from the 23rd January onwards. For customers who joined or upgraded before this date, our terms and conditions at the time you signed up stated that we are entitled to increase your monthly subscription charge by no more than RPI and no more often than every 12 months and are compliant with the body of general consumer protection law. Our advertising has also said ‘tariff prices may go up' since January 2013.

Customers who joined or upgraded on or after 23 January 2014
Our current terms and conditions explicitly state that monthly subscription charges will increase (or decrease) every year in line with RPI. These are the prices customers are signing up to. Ofcom has confirmed that communications providers' terms which explicitly provide for a customer's monthly subscription to change each year in line with a specific percentage or index (like RPI) will not contravene its “fixed means fixed” guidance, provided such terms and prices are made clear to customers before they sign up.

http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

Basically O2 says "fcuk you son"
I hate O2. My contract runs out on the 7th of June.
Counting down the days...

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive been with Vodafone for 6 years now, love them. Just finished a 2 year contract and have decided to keep my 4S. Im now on a 12 month contract, 900mins, unlimited texts and 750mb net. After some haggling im paying £9 a month, winner. I like Vodafone as i always seem to get 3g.

As for price increase i think they put it up by about 75p over the last 2 years.

E36 328i
Nine pounds?

£9?

Well done to that man. I am going to ring EE and b**ch that I'm paying too much tomorrow!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Got the email too, this will give me the push I needed to cancel my contract and look elsewhere for a better deal, nice move o2.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Nine pounds?

£9?

Well done to that man. I am going to ring EE and b**ch that I'm paying too much tomorrow!

Yea, was well happy, I was going to upgrade to the 5s but I thought what's the point? I love my 4s. Haggle the contract down from £13 a month plus an extra 250mb, all for £9. Bloke on the phone was saying I've got a cracking deal, couldn't agree more!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive been with Vodafone for 6 years now, love them. Just finished a 2 year contract and have decided to keep my 4S. Im now on a 12 month contract, 900mins, unlimited texts and 750mb net. After some haggling im paying £9 a month, winner. I like Vodafone as i always seem to get 3g.

As for price increase i think they put it up by about 75p over the last 2 years.

I was withy Vodafone 7 years and they where the bees knees when I had blackberries. I jumped to my iPhone and got nothing in terms of signal.

Been with O2 a year now paying £36ppm and can't fault it. Signal everywhere I've needed it.

I'm thinking of swapping to Virgin - £15 a month. Unlimited everything. Runs on EE. I'm currently with 02/Tesco sim only on my 5S but I don't get 3G at my new job!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Going sim only was one of the best things ive done. Contracts are a rip off.

Vodafone changed my DD date recently to before I get paid. I called them up and told them to change it back and they still billed me before.

Couple of phone calls telling them they were arseholes and I get 3 months free FTW :D

Audi A5
Change to giffgaff I say, best thing I done, pay £10 per month, not a penny less or more, no contract, no unexpected big bills.

They use the same network as 02 as well so no need to unlock your phone.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Bill increases are par for the course. Would you expect your salary to increase without you doing any more or better work? I do. It's called inflation and it happens to nearly everything, except premium bonds for example.