ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Leak? (with pic)...

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Was changing my engine oil today and to the right of the sump plug was what looks like an oil leak, the engine oil wasn't leaking, could it be gearbox oil? Or is this normal?

4823410405_d3f677beb6_b.png

Arctic Blue FF 182
Is there "drops" of oil in the circled areas?

Any oil on the ground when you have been parked somewhere?

Attachments

• clio leak.jpg
    clio leak.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 79
  2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Is there "drops" of oil in the circled areas?

Any oil on the ground when you have been parked somewhere?

Nah, not there, I cleaned a bit of that just out of curiosity.

There are no obvious drips/puddles of oil anywhere on the driveway. it did look like it was about to drip on one of the parts, but it would have taken around 30mins to gather enough fluid to actually drip (if you get what I mean?).

How do I check the oil level of anything but the engine oil?

Oh and the last time it was on a ramp would have been over 2 months ago (looking for something else)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I have given it a quick clean, seemed to be mostly crud and not much oily oil, so its probably something older than new, but I will keep an eye on it. All the fluid levels seem to be OK.

PH2 Clio 172
Used engine oil smells a bit like soot, gearbox oil smells like cats p*ss (should help you work out where it came from if it builds up again).

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
well it smells more of soot than cats piss lol.

Out of interest, how do you check the gearbox oil level?

ph1 black 172
they al leak from the gear selector..... will be gearbox oil...... give it a good clean and keep an eye on it... if it is alot of oil leaking then you got a problem.