ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil warning light flickering when damp

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
My oil warning light occasionally comes on after it has been raining or if the weather is damp and misty. I've replaced the oil switch a couple of years ago and that cured the problem for a while but its recently started coming on again. I'm sure the oil pressure is fine as the engine sounds fine and no rattling as if oil pressure was dropping. Has anyone experienced this fault on 172's? Is there any way of bypassing the warning light and installing an oil pressure gauge so the oil is able to be monitored better? Any recommendations?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
the switch is needed im afraid. remove it and the lamp will remain on all the time unless you ground it out.

chances are its just the switch again but not all low oil pressure faults result in tapping or ticking noises.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've ordered a new switch from Birchdown and they are fitting it tomorrow afternoon. Good old french electrics strike again! Its definitely not oil pressure. It's not using any oil and the engine is sweet from cold so I know there's no issues there.