ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Used to be into my old metros many moons ago, ive had more of them than I care to mentione. i'd love another but cant you cant find them today (not at sensible money anyway). This was the last one I built that I think is still going somewhere in the country:

get-attachment.jpg

Still got a 16v converted vtr but it looks worse than this picture now:

zyhyjype.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I would love one of those. Must be rare now.

Very rare indeed if you want a genuine gti and the prices have gone up accordingly

This was my 1st car after 4 lessons got it for £500 had it a week and my dad was worried I would kill myself so the guy I had it off gave me my money back

That was the thing with the gti, even in the spi form like the one picture they felt a like a rocket compared to the more mundane models but they didnt look too different so most people assumed it was just an old slow metro.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
That metro looks good!

thanks mate, it was a rare late one in black and it had all the options like half leather seats and opening rear windows which not many got. I put a 1.8 143 vvc in it after the original 1.4 head gasket went pop in a big way due to the previous owner doing a poor job of fitting a replacement.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
There used to be someone on here yeeeeeeears ago with one of those Almeras.

On the topic of Metro's a few mates had GTi's which if you haven't been in one are actually scary quick. My mate also had a 120bhp metro turbo -
6b1afc05.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My old XSI and Gti were just too mint!

DSC_0067-1.jpg

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0070-2.jpg

DSC_0065-2.jpg
When I passed my test at 18 my mum had a micra that was due for replacement, how I talked them into getting a 106 Xsi I don't know! Had some great fun in that little car. I had a mint 106 gti too, bought brand new in 98, China Blue, great car that my mum took over when I went abroad!

I'm older than I should be!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
And that's why all these old hatches are sillt money now. All us old farts want another to relive our youth but there's not enough cars to go around. I see 8v integrale's are fetching £10k now. Just WOW!

I'm older than I should be!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I wish I had taken more pictures of my old cars.

I don't think I have a single picture of my old XR2i's or my Nova GSi. I should have a couple of my Fiesta RS Turbo, that's the only car I regret selling :cry:

Megane 250
I will own an S1 Rallye oneday...

Almost bought a 16v S2 rallye in a white about 2 years ago, but when looking over the car it was covered in rust, looked brilliant though and I couldn't get rid of my rust free GTi for a car that's basically the same with rust.