ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Osram "Cool Blue Xenon Look" Sidelights CRAP imo pictures inside!

Had a headlight go out this morning and when I was in a parts shop earlier thought i'd get some new sidelights while i'm at it seeing as they are really cheap, wanted some ones that have a blue look to them (i'm sure you know what i mean) so bought the ones listed above thinking that they would be blue. As you can just about see in the first picture with the new sidelight fitted that the bulbs are indeed blue looking (or if you can't quite make them out just google the product description). However when I fitted them to the car and turned the lights on, disappointingly they look like they do in the 2nd and 3rd picture! IMO they look s**t bearing in mind their supposed to have a blue look, I don't know if it's just me but they just look like white standard bulbs. Thoughts or advice on some better ones? I don't mind getting some other ones as these were only £4 but i expected a lot better from Osram.

100_0444.jpg

100_0450.jpg

clio.jpg

It hasn't occured to me to remove them totally, I cant see how that would look better but open to suggestions so might give it a try, and I thought LED ones were illegal? And yes does still look rather yellow, definitely not blue!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Maybe get some ice blue 1s then they might look better with the xenons

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Having no sidelights bulbs at all is I think illegal? could be wrong, but I don't think so

Blue lights are defo illegal though bud, so any more than a slight tint and you will likely be fined £30

White LEDs are for heros and are legal (as long as they are E marked I think)

Im no expert mind this is just my understanding :)

Ok cool well i was just hoping for something that doesn't contrast so much with the xenon lights, anyone with xenons and standard side lights will know what I mean. I'll have a hunt around for some e-marked LED ones (if they exist).

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Thats what I thought I had bought already lol until I fitted them and they looked like this. Mite just try and get some LED ones if there not illegal, the po po round here are anal about stuff like that.

They may have been packaged wrong or faulty the ice blue I had where actually ice blue

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Having no sidelights bulbs at all is I think illegal? could be wrong, but I don't think so

Blue lights are defo illegal though bud, so any more than a slight tint and you will likely be fined £30

White LEDs are for heros and are legal (as long as they are E marked I think)

Im no expert mind this is just my understanding :)

Ye no side lights is an MOT fail so anals will have u for that if they need to :S

E marked LEDs never seen them but I shall look now as well :)

They may have been packaged wrong or faulty the ice blue I had where actually ice blue

They weren't packaged wrong and I don't see how they can be faulty when their such a simple component, it's not like the bulb glass isn't blue either, when I saw them in the pack I thought they might be a bit too blue but I clearly underestimated them lol. Post here if you find any emarked LED's and i'll buy some too.

Polo + Micra
your not going to get white light from a argon filled lamp no matter how much blue paint they put on them (side by side with an oem lamp might show the difference)

white leds are the only way to get a HID colour match and i doubt you would get pulled for them with the amount of cars with DRL

your not going to get white light from a argon filled lamp no matter how much blue paint they put on them (side by side with an oem lamp might show the difference)

white leds are the only way to get a HID colour match and i doubt you would get pulled for them with the amount of cars with DRL

Yeah i know what your saying, but it will just be my luck that i get pulled and fined for it, the police round here would probably find a points code that it could correspond to and give me 3 points and £60 fine while they're at it. It doesn't bother me that much but just thought i'd put it on here to save anyone buying them expecting them to be blue like i did.

172 cup
Mtec bulbs are a better option IMO (Xenon filled). Here are some cr*p pics I just took... the second pic shows they're not quite as blue as a first makes out (other bulbs are blue too):
IMG_0539.JPGIMG_0540.JPG

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the 13-LED sidelight bulbs in mine - almost as bright as the xenons themselves! lol :star:

172 cup
This is exactly the "look" i was hoping for, explain the difference in the two pics please coz definitely prefer the first one.

They're taken at different heights... My headlights are blue bulbs as well, which may have made them look more blue. They're definitely not yellow though!

I got mine for £6.50 on eBay, bit more expensive but I thought they were worth it (12 months warranty as well).

Hope that helps

1.2 Renault Clio Exp
They're taken at different heights... My headlights are blue bulbs as well, which may have made them look more blue. They're definitely not yellow though!

I got mine for £6.50 on eBay, bit more expensive but I thought they were worth it (12 months warranty as well).

Hope that helps

What bulbs have you got?
are the HID or just halogen that appear blue?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
can you get White LED main beams too?

i hate the standard yellow but im not one to go fitting HID's illegally and blinding everyone. i just find the yellow OEM ones shite.