ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paranoid!!

RB182cup&golf gti

Anyone else on here paranoid about parking their car? Just looked out of my window and seem some scalls on the street who had a good look at the motor, thats it now another sleepless night!!

Also whenever i park in a car park as well i always try and find a space where no one can park next to me for fear of getting the door pranged! I know.... im sad

LY 200

Mte car parks are the worst for me....Sometimes i walk away knowing the clifford set but il walk back across the car just to check its all locked and ok!!!

I also like giving my car the once over when i get back to it to make sure no ones given me any dings or scratches!!!:oops:

Shhh

I park it outside the gfs house with the front up too the lamp post, and then put her car behind mine, as its parked on the street...half on / off the kerb. I fold in the mirrors, and double check its locked. I ensure everything is out of the car or out of sight.

Ive had my old car keyd twice in the same parking spot in the past 2 1/2 yrs, so im extra keen on this one..

Shhh

First time they did it...they did just the boot..that cost £80 to have the boot sprayed.

Second time was the drivers door, quarter panel, and the boot..that cost £200 to get sprayed..in Nautical Blue.. (02 1.2 16v Clio)

Now i paid nearly £11k for me clio...and showed the cu*t that i dont care how many times they do it..ill get it fixed..

We think we know who it is, so its jealousy..

I cant stand people who key cars. WHY? :mad:

I know what you mean mate, think probably most people on here are a bit like it.

I just always take the GF car or something if were going somewhere a bit dodge. Im a bit obsessed though. Even got a camera in the garage. Hehe.

Mark

^^^

Haha, can just image her moaning at you, but its quite a good idea. If you come back to your car and theres a lovely big bent in your door with some red paint on and a red car was next to you. 2 + 2. At least youve got there number plate to do something about it.

Mark

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by hoe261 on 24 January 2005

Anyone else on here paranoid about parking their car? Just looked out of my window and seem some scalls on the street who had a good look at the motor, thats it now another sleepless night!!

Also whenever i park in a car park as well i always try and find a space where no one can park next to me for fear of getting the door pranged! I know.... im sad

YES!! Me and my dentist are absolutely PARANOID about where we park our cars. If I have a passenger with me at B & Q, Sainsburys or wherever, they always tell me to drop them first at the door otherwise they know they will have a long walk from where I park! I cant understand why most drivers try and park near front doors, where people push trolleys in between cars!!:eek:

Try working at a College! Got literally thousands of newish drivers to contend with in an average week. Plenty of incidents in the 3 years Ive been there, one that stands out was when a student asked for his mates car keys to get his work folders out, he walked off to the car, decided to start it up and floored it in reverse, taking out a colleagues brand new Fiesta Flame in the process.

Every day is scary! We do have staff parking but its very limited, and students can drive straight through that car park anyway.

Just the same myself.

Even when i have to go to the supermarket i leave it till about 8-9 pm. Then there arent as many ppl about and you can usually find somewhere out of the way to park. That way not as many ppl come in after you either, so less chance of some kn#b parking 6 inches away from your door.

If i do go out at weekends i.e. shopping centres i always try to find a more expensive car to park next to, then hopefully they will be careful with their doors as well.

172 cup'd extreme

all the scallies in my street love my car and they will never touch it ... its like a protection racket going on they get to have a good look in tern they look after it for me ha ha

Its not just me then thank god! I now only park in disabled spaces or parent with child etc, I am happy to pay the fine if I get caught (only once in 8 months) rather than pay for my car to be fixed! I will now pa5rk next to any 172/182 etc cos you can be sure they care bout their car!

R26

Yup im guilty as sin of taking serious precautions to protect the beast.

1) Park right at the back of supermarket carpark

2) Always check the no. plates on cars parked next to me

3) Always approach neds/ scallys who go near my car (I work at a college)

4) My girlfriend huffs and puffs about the massive walk to the door of where ever we are (shopping center)

5) I always check out my bedroom window every 10 - 20 mins 3 times at least while in bed (that drives her nuts

6) I inspect the doors on the car when I come back to it (unfortunately the chances are that some poor innocent would be victamised if my doors were dented cos the perpatrator would most likely have gone. I get real crazy over that sort of thing.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by silvercup182 on 25 January 2005

Its not just me then thank god! I now only park in disabled spaces or parent with child etc, I am happy to pay the fine if I get caught (only once in 8 months) rather than pay for my car to be fixed! I will now pa5rk next to any 172/182 etc cos you can be sure they care bout their car!
IMO parking in disabled bays is Taboo :cry:

We are all the same about looking after our cars, but has anyone tried to identify the owner of an offending vehicle from the registration number, I dont think the plod would help much.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Its all very well jotting down number plates but unless you have proof that someone damaged your car or a witness you are knackered.

I cant bring myself to damage someone elses car even if they are shoehorned next to mine but there has been lots of times as i squeeze past i knock their wing mirror and fold it away :oops:

Might make them think for a second about wedging in next time ;)

A girl i was seeing a little while ago had her little car totally in a car park. Came back to it and the whole side of it had been pushed in. Fortunatly somebody had seen it and left her a note with the offenders number plate.

The police helped her and it all went through the other persons insurance.

Mark

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 25 January 2005

yeh i dont do disabled spaces, but parents spaces are fare game

i park dead over the middle of the white line in car parks, so my car takes up half of one space and half of the other, so no one parks next to me

Been a time when ive parked in a space and a big f**k off landrover has squeezed inot the space between my car and the next car, left about 3" for me to get in.

Had to climb over from teh passenger side, which is NOT easy wiht bucket seats. Wound my window down and gave him a nice fist sized dent in his front wing :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 25 January 2005

i park dead over the middle of the white line in car parks, so my car takes up half of one space and half of the other, so no one parks next to me
a mate did that, and someone scratched his car down the side for his trouble

not a clio anymore

[/QUOTE]IMO parking in disabled bays is Taboo :cry:yeh i dont do disabled spaces, but parents spaces are fare game[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

You are obviously NOT a parent, people parking in those bays without kids (with them) really p*ss me off :mad:

[Edited by nonos on 1/25/2005 10:21:52 AM]

Quote: Originally posted by nonos on 25 January 2005

yeh i dont do disabled spaces, but parents spaces are fare game

[/QUOTE]

You are obviously NOT a parent, people parking in those bays without kids (with them) really p*ss me off :mad:

[Edited by nonos on 1/25/2005 10:21:52 AM]

oh well never mind, and who says im not a parent :mad:

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 25 January 2005

IMO there are more disabled spaces in the world than there r disabled people! before this starts an arguement... I would not nip into a space as an old lady (with one leg) tries to get her micra into reverse... only if there are plenty....!

I am extremely careful when parking my motor although I have learnt that there is always someone who doesnt care. All you can do is take as many precautions yourself and the rest is down to luck. I havent been "doored" for about 5 years or so now - probably will do now I have mentioned it.

The best bit is that I am disabled as I had a very bad car crash a few years back and now have a bad leg so I haveto a disabled badge and you should look at the old peoples faces when I park in a disabled place in my clio 172! Its a picture!!

Shhh

When i had me 02 clio, i reversed out of a bike showroom car park in darlington (white bros). I had the gf, and her 3 little t*ats of kids moaning as they wanted a little PW50 that we seen, and i lost concentration on what i was doing. I rolled back onto the road and into the front of a L reg Mondeo at about 2-3mph.

The mondeo was multi-coloured park outside a drug rehabilitation unit so i got out, checked me car was ok, then drove off. There was no way in this world i was letting this smack head rip me off because his bumper had a crack in it...that could of been there before.

The car was white, with red wings, and a black bumper..how i laughed as i drove away.....

What i did may of been incorrect, but ha ha..unlucky..should not of parked on the double yellow lines then..:)

Mini Cooper S sport

Im totally paranoid about my car, I HATE not being able to park it in the street all the time, and its actually spurred on my decision to move house!

I park in the biggest spaces I can find in car parks - near pillars if possible so I know at least one side of the cars safe from other peoples doors.

Meh I want my Ford Ka back so I can scratch it to bits and not care (only joking).

im always paranoid with checking if its locked as I walk away, i always try the door handle a few times before I leave it....i know its silly but i think it stems from having to put 2 seperate chain locks on my bike, plus an alarm and making sure it would be secure and everything....drives my g/f mad though as im always worried about not being locked!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

LOL - I think the same applies for all of us - we worry too much! :D

Having said that, theres a small list of vehicles that I wont park anywhere near in a car park, just in case they slam their door into yours, etc....

Stupidly large 4x4s - way to unwieldly and they probably couldnt tell that theyve hit you anyway.
Any rental van - Salford Van Hire, Avis, Hertz, etc - lets face, are they really going to give a sh*t?
ANY car with a baby-seat in it. The parents will be far more concerned about strapping the sprog in correctly than worrying about the wind catching their open door.
Every far corner of a car park (regardless of distance) should have individual 20ft sqaure areas of tarmac "Reserved for those who likes their cars". Give me hail, wind, rain - I wouldnt give a toss walking in that lot, so long as I knew the car wouldnt get pranged!!!