ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Part ex for a car of less value

306 GTI-6
Is it possible to part exchange a car for one of lesser value and recieve the difference in cash?

Just thinking about this as I need to be able to have my next car as soon as I get rid of my Clio.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just stick it on the trader. £30 spent on that is better than a loss of £800 or something

Yep you can do it. I would be a taxed and tested banger for a couple of hundred and run that in between cars if your really desperate for a vehicle.

clio trophy No56
Yes you can do this, about 1 year ago i was going 2 part ex my old FF182 for a golf gti coz i was skint, the offer they gave me was the gti plus £2000 my way. Rip off though the golf was up for £6500 + the £2000 they were going 2 give me was £8500, this seemed ok but the gti wasnt worth £6500. I asked them how much they would buy the car for and they said about £5500, so that works out £1000 less than the part ex.
Anyway the answer 2 your question is yes, against a lesser car you will get cash.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bristol mate.

Although I do travel all over the country for cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It all fits into place now....

I bet thats the reason you drove 1000 miles to collect a car off me! You never wanted to pay the local dealer as you couldn't bear to part money with a fellow Scot!!

Broken Diesel Megane :(
It all fits into place now....

I bet thats the reason you drove 1000 miles to collect a car off me! You never wanted to pay the local dealer as you couldn't bear to part money with a fellow Scot!!

the thought of another Tattie McHaggis Skirt having my money, marked with my individual unique stamps, was just too much to bear!