ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts query on a 182 driver's mirror

FF cupped Arctic 182
Ok hubby pranged my baby and it has been repaired but come back with a temp sensor on the drivers side aswell as passenger side.... so i have had a fit and made them check re check and check again the part number - and it matches ..... can anyone explain? Anyone had the same experience?

Thanks, and happy new year x

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
LOL! clio discussion or exterior would have been better LOLxx

No one would ever know unless you really know a clio 182

FF cupped Arctic 182
LOL! clio discussion or exterior would have been better LOLxx
POOOH I didnt realise i was in media was mean to be in discussion.... GRRRRR not my day, i've been arguing with the garage for over an hour :dapprove:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I had both of my mirrors stolen by a real bright spark, both snapped off the mounts rendering them useless.

Both replacements had temp sensors in them. The temp sensor is on the passenger side in all countries, so most of them are the right hand side one. Probably when we order them it's just as easy for Renault to fit them to all right sided mirrors when they're made.

I can't remember the exact price now, but Renault quoted about £70 for the temp sensor alone. The guy thought it was worth ordering just the mirrors alone to see if they came fitted with sensors, and they both did. So for about £50 I got a full mirror with sensor included - which makes £70 for a sensor on its own seem a bit of a bum deal...

FF cupped Arctic 182
I'm bothered because i want it right. i'd rather it be done properly no matter who is paying and I thought it would look odd having a 182 with a temp sensor on both mirrors when all the ones i've seen only have it on one...............

I'm bothered because i want it right. i'd rather it be done properly no matter who is paying and I thought it would look odd having a 182 with a temp sensor on both mirrors when all the ones i've seen only have it on one...............
Just look at it as a free bonus part! They do fail, so having a spare is a good thing.

If it really bothers you, prise off the painted shell (comes off quite easily) and pull the temperature sensor off. It's a little bit fiddly but you just pull it straight down and it comes out. Cut the wires (they aren't connected to the loom after the plug on the driver's door so no problem there) and keep it.:)

FF cupped Arctic 182
Just look at it as a free bonus part! They do fail, so having a spare is a good thing.

If it really bothers you, prise off the painted shell (comes off quite easily) and pull the temperature sensor off. It's a little bit fiddly but you just pull it straight down and it comes out. Cut the wires (they aren't connected to the loom after the plug on the driver's door so no problem there) and keep it.:)

Or fleebay it? pmsl

i feel a little guilty now i gave them a right roasting i managed to convince myself they had fitted the wrong mirror. :evil: Oooops :eek:

Lionel Richie
right hand mirror unit 8200071401 £59.22+vat
cover to be painted 7701471857 £15.48+vat
mirror glass 7701040426 £19.45+vat

the sensor can be fitted to either mirror, looks like they've gone to renault and ordered all the parts that come up on the screen, so you've been charged £32.85+vat for a sensor you don't need

sensor part number 7700773858

right hand mirror unit 8200071401 £59.22+vat
cover to be painted 7701471857 £15.48+vat
mirror glass 7701040426 £19.45+vat

the sensor can be fitted to either mirror, looks like they've gone to renault and ordered all the parts that come up on the screen, so you've been charged £32.85+vat for a sensor you don't need

sensor part number 7700773858
Bizarrely, if you order the mirror it comes with a glass and sensor in it free. Though that sensor price has gone way down.

Still doesn't add up though. How can they charge £32.85 for the sensor yet include one on the wrong sided mirror which costs £59.22?

I got sensors and glasses in both I bought but only paid the price of the mirror assemblys and got a receipt with only two part numbers. The mirrors come sealed in a box, you just get all the other bits attached for free.

FF cupped Arctic 182
hehehe yes maybe i'll just say Oh dont bother looking into it it'll be fine! :eek:

but either way it was gratis cos the insurance paid and sorted out the minor scratches on the door (caused by the mirror falling off of course ;) ) and before you ask it was a no fault claim and my insurance waived the excess and it will not effect my no claims. :)