ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** PC ** Battlefield 2 v1.50 patch

Bus w**ker
Re: Battlefield 2 v1.50 patch

Best game EVER. I've been waiting for this patch for what feels like an age. :)

Anyone wants a game speak up, I'll even dig out the details for the TeamSpeak server I've got.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I'll give this a go again for sure. Get into my tank wh0reing role again..... ;)

This and the superior BF2142 s***s on COD, imo.

D.

Evo 8 MR

It's good once you get into it but it's difficult to pick up and play after you've hung up your boots already. I'll give someone a game though if they are up for it?

Bus w**ker

superior BF2142
:S 2142 sucks ass lol.

BF2 infantry only is where it's at...although that said I've been playing for years and I'm still crap lol :eek:. Not played for months now though.

Someone pick a night and I'll dig out the TeamSpeak details, think it's still running.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

:S 2142 sucks ass lol.

BF2 infantry only is where it's at...although that said I've been playing for years and I'm still crap lol :eek:. Not played for months now though.

Someone pick a night and I'll dig out the TeamSpeak details, think it's still running.

STFU and GTFO! :rasp:

2142 absolutely pile-drives everything else out there. It's not without its faults, but the sheer scale, game options and brilliant squad play make it shat on any other PC-based FPS out there. And from a great height, too.

Infantry-only is for Luddites that don't see the use of vehicles for the greater good. Play Titan-mode against a good side and there is not an FPS experience to match it, imo.

D.

Bus w**ker
Pfft come off it, 2142 isn't a patch on BF2 not by a long shot. I got 2142 not long after release and at a guess I've probably got about 2 hours game time in on it, compared to the nearly 200 on BF2 :eek:, as it sucks that much. Plus 2142 is full of cheats, yeah there are a fair few on BF2 but Jesus H Titty f**king Christ there are more cheaters on 2142 than legit players lol. Makes the COD glitchers look tame. 2142 is on par to COD3, a massive let down.

Vehicles are for those that don't understand how to play an FPS game. Infrantry only requires tactics, skill, stealth and teamwork. Vehicles it's every man for himself with people just crashing in to each other, bombing the f**k out of the enemy or using the vehicles to f**k about in. Get's really tiresome trying to cap a base and next thing a plane or attack helicopter goes over head and rapes the whole squad, whilst your team mates are too busy waiting for "their" vehicle to re-spawn...whilst getting bombed by a plane lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Pfft come off it, 2142 isn't a patch on BF2 not by a long shot. I got 2142 not long after release and at a guess I've probably got about 2 hours game time in on it, compared to the nearly 200 on BF2 :eek:, as it sucks that much. Plus 2142 is full of cheats, yeah there are a fair few on BF2 but Jesus H Titty f**king Christ there are more cheaters on 2142 than legit players lol. Makes the COD glitchers look tame. 2142 is on par to COD3, a massive let down.

Vehicles are for those that don't understand how to play an FPS game. Infrantry only requires tactics, skill, stealth and teamwork. Vehicles it's every man for himself with people just crashing in to each other, bombing the f**k out of the enemy or using the vehicles to f**k about in. Get's really tiresome trying to cap a base and next thing a plane or attack helicopter goes over head and rapes the whole squad, whilst your team mates are too busy waiting for "their" vehicle to re-spawn...whilst getting bombed by a plane lol.

2hrs game time and you're casting judgement?! FPMSL! Do you watch the opening credits of films and then walk out, thinking - 'nah, this is gonna be s**t'? :cool:

Vehicles. Are. Essential.

I've kicked ass online in a tank - nailing players who decide to have a tea-party while grouped around a capture point. They are merely cannon fodder - not engaging their collective five brain cells in order to realise that I'm on the inbound.

Then five mins later, a few other players arrive on their side and the tables are instantly turned. These guys have both the ability and the equipment to take on my tank with no issue - and if they can't themselves, then they call in the fly-boys to do it for them. I now have to back off and play it totally differently than I did just a few minutes before.

This is the beauty of having vehicles in games like this. They can be massive force multipliers if used correctly, or they can be nothing more than a hinderance when handed to someone who goes for a ride out of town with them.

I've spent the vast majority of my circa 280 hours on 2142 either in a tank, or on foot - going after other tanks. The whole dynamic of the game is so fluid - from going on the offensive, to the defensive then back on to the offensive again. I can lay mines for the tanks, fire homing rockets at them, use an anti-armour rifle, sit in a base turret, or even attempt to take them out from the air in a gunship or Titan turret. Or if I'm going for plain style - just camouflage myself, and stick a C4 pack on a tanks' rear. BOOM.

Quite how that can compare to merely killing the same guys over and over again while looking down the barrel of an M16 is just beyond me.

D.

Bus w**ker
Lots of stuff
2 hours is a fair amount of time to play a game that I instantly thought was gash TBH lol. I gave it a go and it failed to entertain me, seems to be the same argument with most of the BF2 "vets". If they had simply updated the weapons, maps and gone futuristic then I feel that it would be a different outcome. But they didn't they dumbed the game down and made it boring to play. Thankfully BF3 is rumoured to be going back to the same style of gameplay as BF2 when it's finally released.

I've played vehicles, about 25 hours worth lol, and it's not s**t...but it doesn't require any of the skill that picking off other players with a rifle does. For example in a tank, spin the turret and fire towards a crowd/flag/hiding spot = multiple kills with no requirement for any real skill or aim. On foot with a L85A1, sneaking around the corner as a squad to find three of the enemy and picking them all off and then capping the flag = less kills but more skill required, more satisfaction and better game play.

Even camping out with a L96A1 and pulling off headshot after headshot takes more skill and is, IMHO, more fun for a full match.

You only need to look at the top ranked players to see that IO is more favourable.

I've seen IO games go from the enemy owning nearly all the map, to only then have the opposition change tactics and come back and win. Sadly most vehicle matches I've been in have ended up with some n00b crashing the MPV or transport helicopter with it full of heads or some douche going off to Jihad a flag just because someone took him out or even worse teamkilling so someone can get "their" plane or tank :nono:. But the most annoying thing is some f**king chopper just raping the map dropping bombs from a J-10 killing off any chance of game play.

If you could get rid of these muppets then vehicle maps would be a lot better but sadly it's not going to happen.

Nimbus Megane R26
this the only patch you need to get upto date or do i have to download all the others before this one?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
this the only patch you need to get upto date or do i have to download all the others before this one?

I 'think' you only need this one m8. Don't quote me on that though as I've attempted to download it twice and twice it has bombed out after a few hundred MB. :(

EA should do the same with 2142 and include Northern Strike in with a new patch too. :)

D.

172 Cup
I 'think' you only need this one m8. Don't quote me on that though as I've attempted to download it twice and twice it has bombed out after a few hundred MB. :(

EA should do the same with 2142 and include Northern Strike in with a new patch too. :)

D.

You need the 1.41 patch first (Unless your copy of BF2 is already at 1.41) before installing the 1.5 patch.

Bus w**ker
It failed for me at first...but then rocketed down the next day. :)

bf2patch.jpg

It's mint at the minute as none of the hacks kids had paid for work, so every map is a decent game. Vehicles still suck though ;).

No longer need to have the DVD/CD in the drive either with 1.5, but it has a few bugs mostly on the Operation Blue Pearl like the player spawning somewhere he can't move or being unable to go prone/jump. So expect 1.51 soon lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It failed for me at first...but then rocketed down the next day. :)

bf2patch.jpg

It's mint at the minute as none of the hacks kids had paid for work, so every map is a decent game. Vehicles still suck though ;).

No longer need to have the DVD/CD in the drive either with 1.5, but it has a few bugs mostly on the Operation Blue Pearl like the player spawning somewhere he can't move or being unable to go prone/jump. So expect 1.51 soon lol.

^^^ - I'd kill for that kind of download speed! Mine maxes out at circa 150k per sec. I'm about a hundred yards from the limit of the Bury exchange. The price for living off the beaten track, I guess. We don't even have cable anywhere near here. :(

Need to get my engineer skills back in check for this. The class of choice. :cool:

D.

Bus w**ker
I used to get a sub 25ms ping when I lived in Rammy and that was with AOHELL ADSL. But cable kicks it's arse, pinging stupidly low now and awesome download speeds.

Prefer medic or sniper classes TBH. Engineer can't sprint fast or long enough for me.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I used to get a sub 25ms ping when I lived in Rammy and that was with AOHELL ADSL. But cable kicks it's arse, pinging stupidly low now and awesome download speeds.

Prefer medic or sniper classes TBH. Engineer can't sprint fast or long enough for me.

He doesn't need too. When he's backing up a tank or APC. ;)

The only thing that does grate on my nerves with the whole BF series is the vote TK. I can honestly say that I've TK voted about 5 times in my whole time on BF. Blatant, obvious and stupid TK'ing will get voted on by me. Accidents or freak events are just events that happen.

Why you get cry-babies voting against you because they were miffed that your tank rolled over them when they sprinted out from the trees - is just plain stupid. And annoying.

Still a great series though. I would LOVE a BF2143 - but I doubt it will happen. :(

D.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
been looking forward to this, even got some extra ram and a new gfx card to try and get the last dregs of performance out of the old pc lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Fired BF2 up again for the first time in over two years! :eek:

Had a quick crack at single player as I was that rusty and mainly to have another dab at sniper. This has been my least 'successful' class - even if my online stats say that I have 42% accuracy with the rifle. I don't quite 'get' it, if you know what I mean. Leading the target, aiming straight at the target, not moving the cursor - all seem to produce random results. In fact on this pic on single player....

BF22009-09-0612-10-51-89.jpg

...while lying prone did jack all to him. Switched to the silenced pistol straight afterwards and nailed him with three shots - lol. What makes me even more useless with this class is the fact that I have a hell of a time actually doing damage with virtually no lag from the single player mode. Add to that the circa mid-60s ping time that I can expect online and the fact that online players are MUCH more aware than bots - and I'm kinda screwed!

Switched to online and used the engineer and anti-tank class the most. Got mullered at the start (their fly-boys were ok, but the chopper pilots were superb) but started to get a bit better after a while. We won with the following crap score....

BF22009-09-0613-11-25-15.jpg

That Wacco player on their team was exceptional - almost a little too good at times.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Damn it. Wish I hadn't downloaded this patch now. I really liked BF2 earlier, but I fired up BF2142 again just now and have fallen for it all over again. MUST resist - lol!

D.