ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people who dont like the 197 are jealous...

None
Im not that keen on the 197 or infact quite alot of modern hatchbacks as alot of them are too big thesedays for my liking and also weigh heavier and are full of safety and emission reducing crap it puts me off

Peddled device
The Clio is a bit like John Barnes.....in its heyday it was sporty,lean,and quick...and of course nimble on its feet.Now its a bit of a porker...slower and a bit large around the waist!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Thought I would join in with the comedy thread;)

i love the look of them, especially the R27 but i hate the drive personally.

As for not being able to afford one, damn right, but thats because my R26 arrives in a couple of weeks;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
This argument still going on, the 197 WILL be the next 172/182! each to there own though! give it 2 or 3 years!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lol!

a lot of people on here, myself included, could afford one. we just don't feel they are worth the money yet.

...that, and the fact that they're slow, fat and fugly! ;)

Clio 197
My TV's pretty small, love the 197, any 1*2 drivers in the Leicester area up for showing me how much slower my 197 is to their cars lol, I'm sure even if they are slower it's hardly noticeable, I heard the 197's were better on handling as well compared to the non cup 1*2's.

Not sure about these old woman comments, never seen a woman driving one. Even if they do have one it's because they've been around and had a lot of experience in life to know what a good car is when they see one.

NS.jpg

Emmm, I'll stop drewling now and wipe my mouth lol

My TV's pretty small, love the 197, any 1*2 drivers in the Leicester area up for showing me how much slower my 197 is to their cars lol, I'm sure even if they are slower it's hardly noticeable, I heard the 197's were better on handling as well compared to the non cup 1*2's.

Not sure about these old woman comments, never seen a woman driving one. Even if they do have one it's because they've been around and had a lot of experience in life to know what a good car is when they see one.

NS.jpg

pmsl .....that's not too far from me :lolup:

182cup & 172 racecar
For the last time. 172s & 182s look like slippers by todays standards. From the side profile they look like a girls slipper. They rattle and creak their way around the road. The steeering wheel is 8ft in diameter and needs spinning 8 turns lock to lock. Your seats are fitted 8ft from the floor, and with the seat as far back as it goes - the steering wheel is still too close and the gearstick is 8ft away - and has a throw of 8ft between ratios.

The 197 is better. The king is dead, long live the king! Oh wait...
suspect.gif
You must be really really tiny:)

172 mk2 Iceberg
same as many models

IE the vw golf gti

mk. 1 wicked car just shame about the brakes
mk. 2 hmmmm luke warm but nicer car (great brakes)
mk. 3 well its all gone a bit limp now but nicer car (oh well nothing lasts forever)
mk. 4 onwards If you want a "hot" hatch dont bother unless your gonna strap a 3L engine in it
and even then its gonna be a bit of a slug

williams and trophy

NS.jpg

or the old women are easily conned out of more money by a flattering salesman who plays on the said females vanity, 'oh youl have all the young lads looking at you in this, its a real toyboy puller' lol

tbh the clios are the same as evrything else now, compared to the old uns. too heavy, too underpowered, too big, too slow, they handle ok, but nowt special.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Maybe, just maybe, we are all waiting for renault to sort out the catalogue of faults they have at present.

Also im waiting for the cup version in white;)

Or a used 27?

When i get bored with 'tommy' :D