ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

petrol gauge inaccurate

ok, iv got a 1.2 1995 clio and the petrol gauge fluctuates by up to 1/4 to 1/2 a tank. whenever i start it the petrol gauge will be in a different place.. especially if there is half a tank or less.

has anyone else had this problem?

could it hav anything 2 do with the fact the car has been lowered -35mm at the front and -32mm at the rear? possibly effecting the sensor?

thx.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yeah it can be a bit tempremental at times.

Normally a left hand turn in the 16v will make the needle drop and also up hill can move the fuel back (if its low) and cause the needle to drop.

lol! Wo im glad im not the only one with a cr*p petrol gauge!

my tank sed it was empty yesterday.. so i filled the beast up and there was still £7 left in the tank! but i wouldnt trust and drive around on empty for long!

Quote: Originally posted by 16V_Matt on 25 May 2003

well i know when its time to fill up (look for a shell garage) when the petrol light comes on. lol
You know what, that is exactly what i do LOL!!

Thnk god the friggen reserve light works:D