ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172, coughing and spluttering. Loss of power!???

Used te search option and found a few threads about this but nothing 100%.
Has anyone had the same issue??

my car stutters and coughs when driving. If I put my foot down on accelerator nothing happends, although sometime it kind of just kicks in and pulls? Now and then when pulling of from stand still car either cuts out out or splutters/coughs. If I take my foot of accelerator and put back on sometimes the issue goes for a short period!?

I know reading through other peoples posts and things I beleive this is a misfire issue? I'm just wondering if anyone recently has had the same issues and how they went about it?

Tryed using a RS tuner to see if I could find the fault (injector fault perhaps?) but RS tuner wouldn't connect/read my car for some strange reason!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Adam

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Sounds like the problem I had mate. It was the engine knock sensor. Sometimes it just wouldn't idle and cut out. Sometimes it reved all over the place and was holding back on power

Yeah sounds fimilar tbh mate!
been told it's possibly injector/coilpack etc so I'm not a 100% sure! In my head I think it possibly could be injector due to how it feels weired and running etc. or possibly something to do with the throttle body?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Where are you based? If your local your welcome to swap bits off one of mine and I have some spares ;)