ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Rear Brake Issue

Odyssey PH1
Hi guys have had a search about but not really getting anywhere, i have just fitted new mintex discs and pads to the rear with new pressed in bearings as the old ones were both shot, i noticed that the discs had a bit of play once the hub nut was tight and noticed score marks on the insides of the old discs where they were catching on the hub, now when taking a sharp left turn there is a knocking noise from the rear. I had a search around and found that you need the small spacers for the discs as mine didnt seem to have any, after attempting to fit them last night i found that they sorted the problem but now the caliper bolts don't line up, i tried the spacer both ways and it sat the same. Could it be the fact im using non-genuine discs? or something else...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

:)

Lionel Richie
flat face of spacer faces the disc, tapered face faces the car

wind the pistons back in and pull/push on the caliper, it'll just be sticky on the slider

you may have damaged the new bearing by not using the spacer, oh and you must torque the hub nut