ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 throttle body rough price

Ph1
£340 for a ph1 throttle body - Is this about right? :eek::eek: or have i been quoted for a ph2 jobbie. Seems a lot for a mechanical throttle body.

Sounds like it could be the Ph2 one. Can't see the mechanical part being that much but then Renault's pricing often surprises me!

Just get a second hand one? There was one on here within the last week or so.

Ph1
Re-asked just to double check and quoted the part number on the body this time, 7700871215, which appears to have been superseded and going by my reg plate again still comes up around £340. If this is right, these were roughly 160 a few years back :eek:

I'd be better off with a single Jenvey for that price!

Not keen on buying a 2nd hand one as its highly likely it will have the same duff spring issue as mine although at these prices it could be a strong option.

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
Send me your reg and will check
But think its 7700113286 = £275.51 + vat and not available.
Is that the number they gave you?

Ph1
Send me your reg and will check
But think its 7700113286 = £275.51 + vat and not available.
Is that the number they gave you?

Unfortunately i never got the part number he had for it but doing a google search on my old number this one pops up along side and the images look similar: 8200053557
Yesterday i stripped the old body apart, cleaned it all up, cut back part of the holder where the spring rubs and PTFE oiled everything up, made a nice new gasket out of a cereal box lol but on re-assembly the TB the torx bolt thread bolts on the TB flap knackered up so butchered a spare body for the spindle, re-assembled again and now the spring must have been in the wrong way as it needs two feet to push the throttle lol

Cheers for the offer Gaz. I'll see how i get on and maybe give you a shout