ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm off to find out what's been found in my uncles friends lockup (think storage wars)
Apparently two canon lenses and some other bits. Last year I got a few developing items.

Please be white glass...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So I bagged myself a Sigma 17-35 f/2.8 for a small bargain.
Small mark on the lens but shouldn't affect the photos though.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've just accidentally (on purpose) purchased a 6D - f**k me this is an upgrade from my 30D!

The wifi function is very clever!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've just accidentally (on purpose) purchased a 6D - f**k me this is an upgrade from my 30D!

The wifi function is very clever!

Ha.

I'd genuinely like to see the 6 if you're nearby any time :eek:

If the camera you take home says 7D on it .. just ignore it .. IIRC some of them came out with the wrong number on the body.

Tamron 70-300 or sigma 70-300 for my nikon d3200? Both are around £100 but not sure what is better if either?

I've only used the Sigma but it's a good lens for the money, I certainly had no complaints with it. Just make sure whichever you get has an AF motor built in, as the D3200 doesn't have the internals to drive AF by itself.

I want a 10-stop ND screw-on filter - can anyone recommend one and place to purchase please?

I have ones from B&W and Tiffen.

Both makes are considered top end but for some reason the Tiffen ones are half the price of B&W ones, check out Amazon!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I want a 10-stop ND screw-on filter - can anyone recommend one and place to purchase please?

I have a Haida one, it’s good, well priced too although I got mine second hand. I used it for stuff like this -

12575903263_2ac093bf81_z.jpg

Houses Of Parliament by Niall97, on Flickr

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't see the point in starting a new thread for such a quick question so thought I'd ask in here - what's the best size to use for an avatar? I always "try" to resize the image but they look so blurry compared to some peoples.

Ta :)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Just gave this a watch and tried it out, it works well. I’m guessing because if the technique this would reduce any grain from sharpening due to not being an actual sharpen tool.

The bottom line is, you’re sharpening with blur!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Twingo Dynamique
Motorsport photography - as you pan to get the shots, I've found that only about a third of the car is in focus/not blurry I guess I'm asking, which part of the car do I want to be pin? The front, the driver? Or if the car is going away I guess the back?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else been forced onto the new Flickr view and unable to find the usual BB code? It is s**t when there is no title shown at the bottom etc. Linking photo's from Flickr looks s**t.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the new Flickr is horrible.
The pin is the new BB code which took me a while to figure out! They say its not changing back and is now mandatory! Yay :(

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone use magic lantern on their camera? I'm tempted to give it a go but I'm a bit scared of bricking my camera. Anyone done this? Easy to do?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. Magic lantern.
It's for Canon camera's. It's software that you keep on the memory card and it gives you more options in camera. Different iso settings, custom kelvin levels for white balance, built in intervalometer for timelapse, silent shutter, focus options etc.
I've heard good things about it but I'm not sure on doing it to my camera incase I manage to **** something up lol.
Just wondered if anyone else had it in theirs.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
I've got it on my 5D3, mainly for raw video which looks amazing. It's a bit nerve wracking to install but went ok.

Was tempted to Magic Lantern my 5d mk2, but never got round to it.

Now i have my mk3, I don't feel so confident lol.

Remind me to give you a demo next time we see each other!