ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photos/Run the Glenshane - October 23rd

"Navy" N17 TWO
As discussed in the previous meet thread

We are intending on a run up the Glenshane Pass, starting off from Antrim
Probably meet at the forum, get a few rolling shots of the cars on the M22 or Toome dual carriageway if anyone's handy with a camera.

Stop along the way for some photos, grub, banter and plan the next run/meet before heading home

For the adventurous ones, I'm heading home through the Sperrin mountains and hope to get a few shots at the wind-farm beyond Dungiven.
Car park up there was buried in snow last time I went on a run so didn't make the best pictures - the country lane was interesting though :)

It's a lifetime since I had a feed up in Dungiven so can't honestly vouch for places these days, unless any of you know somewhere?

Trev

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Sounds good, I'm up for this as always. Especially for the grub ;) lol.

When are the photos from the Airshow coming up also? Looking forward to seeing a few of them!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Airshow shots are on my flickr and facebook - nothing special though as the bloody camera was soaking
Though saying that, I was happy enough (first airshow shots) :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well i dont have Facebook and i dont know your Flickr :p.

Gonna drop a few flyers about soon to try and grab a few more Northern members.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good man!

I'll get this thread on the Group PM tonight when I get home from work, and I'll throw the Airshow pics up too and add a link ;)

Cro

Meg'd r27
I'm out of the game now boys, clio is off the road for the foreseeable future

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Looking forward to this mate, numbers are rising :). Getting the dual optics in this week and then some springs.

Got quoted 250 for my side to be resprayed. Whole side for that price. Not bad eh?

2004 Clio 182 cup
Thought I recognised your plate! I used to have the wee black one with centre exaust I've a silver 182 now if you've seen it about the town!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Tigger - Got my dual optics fitted today. Piss easy job. Gotta get it slammed next and then save to get it coded just. Budget springs here I come.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Can't mind the Black one you're on about but anyhow - FINALLY a member that's close to home.........Bring on the "Local meets" & photoshoots ;)

Logie, great stuff - keep 'er counrty ;)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Help, I need suggestions on springs.

Cheap, 40MM and I'm not too fussed on ride quality but from what I hear I don't want Apex.

Clio 182
Hey guys, 23rd should be good for me although I have to be down in Limerick that evening so might have to head off early.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Liam - like said go for Sportlines if you can. Keep an eye (like a hawk) on here, ebay and Gumtree

Hey guys, 23rd should be good for me although I have to be down in Limerick that evening so might have to head off early.

Sounds good, even if we met you along the way would be good - boost up our numbers at these meets mate ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Not the shape it was, and it won't be roadworthy again as far as I'm planning

The end of an era really innit :dead: what the hell happened to it or did you finally give in to "Frenchness"?

Should ask for it to be restored and put into Cultra ;)

Cro

Meg'd r27
A couple of copies out there now of it and that led me to boredom, lots of different but fun times in the new car to be had

"Navy" N17 TWO
Did you even get around to fitting Alcantara in your doorcards? :) Seriously a lot of work put into that wagon

I hear you have a Zed now, what's the plans for it dare I ask?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Cheers Adam, much resposne on it? :) be nice to see a few of those beasts along with our little ones

Thinking of meeting up at Antrim (prob at the forum) then convoy from there, and get some rolling photos hopefuly

If you have anywhere handier in your head - shout! lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Thought I recognised your plate! I used to have the wee black one with centre exaust I've a silver 182 now if you've seen it about the town!

Got a Yellow tow-strap on? Just passed you then on the road at the courthouse :)
Dam yours is low!

2004 Clio 182 cup
Yea that's me! Its not that low I thought! Lol do you want to meet in town on Sunday then head down together?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sounds like a plan, PM me your mobile sure and we'll arrange something.

Liam, what way you heading mate?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Not sure if ill end up going bud :/ doubt I will be buy if i end up going ill text you before hand :).

"Navy" N17 TWO
Only one confirmed folks!

If it turns out to be just me & Jonny we'll be taking a different route to the Glenshane Pass since we won't have to detour to accomodate the Belfast lot

Let me know

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Sorry to hear that mate, i thougt numbers would have been bigger this time round :( oh well. Reschedule for next month?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Me too buddy - no fault on the last person to pull out as he had a relative pass away

The idea of the meet was put accross with loads of time in advance but yes its a rough time of year to get a day off (run up to Xmas etc)

What about a non-car meet? Who fancies going bowling or something? :) obviously for it to work we'll need numbers!