ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pick up Clio tomorrow

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Don't think I'm the first to post this topic, but 2mor is the day I collect my 182. First Clio ownership, I had a Meg 225 Cup until last summer, so it has a big reputation to follow :)

LY R26 #288
Lol awesome. Im picking mine up Saturday!. First clio ownership for me too. I hope it lives up to all the hype on the handling side of things!.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Great news MrTurner. :approve:
You'll be happy as long as you've chosen a good one that looks like its been looked after. :D

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
My test drive was ok, stepping the back out a touch. Didn't need much of a test drive to feel its gonna come alive in the twisty's :D Shame it's a 150 mile mostly motorway trip home :sleepy:

CLIO 197 Ultra red
theyre a great car. handling is great fun and i think the renault 2litre engine is one of the best engines out there. loads of character and sounds class.

i found mine pretty good on motorways too apart from the odd driving position. the 197 revs its nuts off at 80mph+ where the 182 is a bit better at cruising speed.

good luck with it

LY R26 #288
Did you get it alright?. Its my turn tomorrow. :cool: Picking mine up about 10am. Really looking forward to it.

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Home :)

It's a lot better on the motorway than I thought! I'm getting used to the lack of turbo already. Took it along my favourite strip of road on the way back, it's belting! All the toys seem to work OK, no surprises from it! Will give it a quick clean and get some pics up. Will get a full polish at some point..

LY R26 #288

It's a lot better on the motorway than I thought! I'm getting used to the lack of turbo already. Took it along my favourite strip of road on the way back, it's belting! All the toys seem to work OK, no surprises from it! Will give it a quick clean and get some pics up. Will get a full polish at some point..

Glad your pleased with it mate. I'm in the same boat, I've been driving a turbo car for 3 years now. Its gonna be weird!.

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Soon! It took about 4 hours, loads of traffic (clutch took some getting used to), but it was comfy, and I realised how much I love auto-lights, and missed cruise control!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup

I see you're local, what stretch of road are you referring to? I'm always partial to a bit of local exploration to find a decent road to have some meaningful fun on ;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I see you're local, what stretch of road are you referring to? I'm always partial to a bit of local exploration to find a decent road to have some meaningful fun on ;)

Now you mention it he cant be far from me.
Send me the GPS of that damn good stretch of road Turner!

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Lol, it's not that special it needs a trip out, I just use it a lot and it has a few good bends and is uphill! It's the stretch between Kirkby and selston, up over the M1. It's good for me as I know where all the kinks, lumps, potholes are, and where you can loose traction.. Not much more than 1 mile, 50% of the time there will be someone on it.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Lol, it's not that special it needs a trip out, I just use it a lot and it has a few good bends and is uphill! It's the stretch between Kirkby and selston, up over the M1. It's good for me as I know where all the kinks, lumps, potholes are, and where you can loose traction.. Not much more than 1 mile, 50% of the time there will be someone on it.

I think I know where you mean, my m8's mrs lives in selston & I've given him a lift a few times & had a blast around that area :D