ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up PS3 lastnite

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok so you took me a bit too literally...the main point was that it's far too expensive right now to become your standard home equipment and the lack of DVD's available doesn't help...
absolute rubbish, most movies are being released on either bluray or HD-DVD as they are on DVD, its just the high street stores aren't stocking them that widely although I am sure that will change now the PS3 is out, the online stores sell and stock loads though, even the online rental places like lovefilm rent them out.

And they aren't expensive, i pay about £13-£17 for my high def movies which is the same as DVD.

1.8 Civic EX
fair play but what good is blu ray/hd dvds if you can't afford the player or the tv to make the most of it?

dk

911 GTS Cab
i have the 360 and ps3, i guess most people will have one of the other but it makes it a very cheap way to get into HD movies by using the console drives.

I think most people can afford HD-ready tv's now too, they have now got ridiculously cheap!

1.8 Civic EX
I think most people would dissagree that £500+ is rediculously cheap for a tv to be honest...anyway this is clearly off topic so we should'nt be hi jacking threads now should we ;)

fair play but what good is blu ray/hd dvds if you can't afford the player or the tv to make the most of it?

Simple, just work harder and get paid more :cool:

haha it don't bother me,I get paid plenty and I got all the stuff I need, I'm talking about the world as a whole not just me! haha

GW RS200
playing movies?

can any of you lot get movies to play off an sdcard? I've tried both .mpeg and .mp4 and neither seems to show up on the card at all. The PS3 thinks its blank. Tell me if u have any luck!

S.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Try using psp video 9 to convert them. google it.

Obviously that was meant for psp but i'd be surprised if thry don;t use the same format

Do the old dual shock controllers work with them?

Last edited:
  Yaris Hybrid
Just been playing F1 and Motorstorm!

You have got to be sh*tting me! This must be a joke! It is the biggest pile of cr*p I have seen in my life! The graphics on Motorstorm are diabolical (for being so average and unpolished) and on F1 the trackside scenery lacks detail and seems distant plus it gets jerky. It hides behind MASSIVE levels of motion blur and a glare effect though that tries but fails to disguise it.

For the love of god do not buy a PS3 until the price goes under £200.

Please oh please take my advice. I feel so sorry for my brother.

One thing that was worth a laugh though and cheered us up no end were the triggers on the pad! Now most triggers have springs that provide resistance and push them back out! Well these feel like they have a piece of sponge or cake behind them!!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just been playing F1 and Motorstorm!

You have got to be sh*tting me! This must be a joke! It is the biggest pile of cr*p I have seen in my life! The graphics on Motorstorm are diabolical (for being so average and unpolished) and on F1 the trackside scenery lacks detail and seems distant plus it gets jerky. It hides behind MASSIVE levels of motion blur and a glare effect though that tries but fails to disguise it.

For the love of god do not buy a PS3 until the price goes under £200.

Please oh please take my advice. I feel so sorry for my brother.

One thing that was worth a laugh though and cheered us up no end were the triggers on the pad! Now most triggers have springs that provide resistance and push them back out! Well these feel like they have a piece of sponge or cake behind them!!!

didn't u slate the wii when it came out then loved it?

Yaris Hybrid
My brother has now stated that he is taking Motorstorm and F1 down the shop tomorrow for a trade in. He said he would be p*ssed off if they were on Xbox 360 let alone a £450 console with "twice the power". That is how bad it is. We just have one game left to play now - that first person shooter. If that sucks then he has said he will sell the PS3.

The Wii was saved by the virtual console and its unique controls that fail slightly to live up to expectations and so far have no decent software to support them. Our Wii was sold a while back.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i love the way people making judgements hours after release, the 360/wii online are still getting refined. im not a fan of the ps3 but i dont agree with ppl bad mouthing it without thinking.

lol i got a ps3 (still boxed) here and im gonna play my 360.

btw people i pre-ordered one from a online shop and cancelled, got my money back and they still delivered it, bargain

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Mine arrived today (thanks Mum and Dad for staying home!!!). MotorStorm is f**king excellent :D

Loving the controller, yeah its a little light but then so is the handling on the CTR and I loved that. Hooked up online too - piece of piss.

Very nice bit of kit. :)

Yaris Hybrid
Played all the games now and have been disappointed with the graphics on all of them including GT HD - nice mountains but the only track side detail is specatators and a few sh*tty trees! Resistance fall of man was b*llocks. Seemed to lack the bump mapping you get on modern games so all the textures looked flat and old fashioned. Maybe it was just that particular level?!

The inside bits looked like Medal of Honour 1 on the PC.

My brother has just told me he is going to sell his PS3. So that as they say is that.

I'd say it should be called Xbox 350 because it just isn't quite as good as a 360 when comparing launch titles with launch titles. The latest 360 games just blow it away on game play and graphics.

As for online...both my brothers have one but the other lives elsewhere. So they both had their mobiles next to them on speaker phone because they couldn't just do a voice chat!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
F1 is not jerky at all when I'm playing it here so I can't say I really agree with you. Fantastic game and very fast moving graphics.

Motorstorm is also good fun from what I.ve played of the demo.

GT:HD is crap though, the cars all handle badly and not at all like the real life versions.

The PS3 is no worse than the 360 graphically, the only thing it lacks right now is a large amount of great games but then so did the 360 when it was launched.

Online ID is SneekyB

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've downloaded F1 and GT. Enjoying GT at the mo. Loving drifting the cars around. Its just like GT4, the ITR understeers like a true FWD car and the MX5 is really oversteery. I think they've got it spot on sneeks?!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I found the Lotus was not at all like it should be, the cars I've driven have stuck to the road and easily handle tight corners, in GT HD the car reacts like it's hit an oil patch everytime I corner it.

The drift challenge is fun and I like the ITR.

I'm impressed with the PS3 and glad I bought one despite all the negative comments the 360 fanboys like to say.

Owning the 360 and Ps3 is the ideal combination.

Very odd seeing several PS3s available on a stand at the front of Tesco this evening (about 15 minutes ago), after a quick enquiry they had 'plenty in stock'. Either Sony have got this right and spent this long delay building us a shed load of consoles, or demand just isn't there.

Update: It seems Tesco stores in general have had literally hundreds of uncollected pre-orders. I guess people pre-ordered second consoles to flog on Ebay, and when they realised demand wasn't going to outstrip supply they just left them.

Anyhow, got a good session on F1 today. Appalling, to be honest, aside from the worst case of 'uncanny valley' I've ever seen in a game it just felt like an average racer polished up to an extreme degree, not a patch on GTR2. Only other game I got a go on was Motorstorm, only a quick blast but fantastic fun, loved it. Resistance got some terrible reviews so I gave that a miss.

Last edited:
  Was a 197
there is 2 things that microsft will have over sony for the eternity of console gaming and that is............................................................................................................
HALO 1 or 2 and Gears Of War the 2 best games ever made and wot console are they on (dont need to say).

sony consoles have always seemed for the japanesey, more for the far east kind of person, just my opinion

Fabia vRS
virgin10per.jpg

Fabia vRS
u can get that deal in any virgin megastore.

also pc world are apparently doing ps2 + resistance for £415.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
well you can allways get it cheaper, and claim the vat back if u got a limited co. also you can pretend your polish and just visiting so claim the tax back on it (i think, may need a foreign address)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Owning the 360 and Ps3 is the ideal combination.

I'd go along with that too ! :D

Just been playing Motorstorm:race: and F1:race:...both awesome games with amazing graphics :star::star:

Ridge racer is a bit .....errrrmmmmmmm.......at the moment...will give it the benefit of the doubt and try again later :D

I've been playing Ridge Racer all day and its actually quite good. You can def tell how good the graphics are on the PS3 when I hooked up the PS2 and played GT4 for half an hour.

My review of the PS3 is that its an awsome looking bit of kit, but you'd be bonkers to part with the best part of £500 for one (I was playing on my brother inlaws).

I couldnt believe how hot it was after 10 mins of being on!

Clio_Smart
I suppose there is down sides both to the ps3 and 360

After owning both playstations and playing the ps3 today and also playing 360 a few times i would say i would have to change sides and go for xbox now if i bought a new console.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
If it was one or the other then the obvious choice for gaming is the 360 because it has alot more games available for it and over the next 10 months I do not anticipate many PS3 exclusive titles will become available.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
im dont wanna say just yet incase sometin happens, e.g. they realise lol. but its a major high street shop. im taking the other one i bought back to hmv tomo, £425 back in my pocket

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
u jammy c**t lol

i would defo take one for free lol

but never pay that much for a console especially one that doesnt yet seem worth it over its competitor. if they were the same price maybe.