ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up PS3 lastnite

mk5 VDUB polo
i think, as usual, there is a lack of really impacting release titles which is a shame.

although i really want one i'm in two minds to hold out and see how things pan out on the game front or just bite the bullet, deal with the not so good games and have it sitting around for when i'm bored. i'm confident that sony should bring out some good games so i hope i'm not dissapointed!

Yaris Hybrid
We have been playing some more on that motorstorm game and it reminds me of when you download a demo of a crap 360 game from Xbox Live with just one track and below par graphics and then delete it after 10 minutes of playing.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Love the way some people are slagging it off because of the price - yes its expensive, yes its brand new, yes there aren't many games but then thats the same for every other Sony or Microsoft Console when launched!

Yes £400 for a games console is alot. Whoopy do. Get over it. I think the killer component for me is the Blue Ray player. You'd need to spend about £500 for a Samsung one... so save yourself £75 and get a free next-gen games console. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
But Roy... see... I like it :D Besides, I have a HD drive anyway so its not really my problem ;)

mk5 VDUB polo
exactly, the price is the price. sony arent going to lower it to £100 because of cliosport rantings lol. its a matter of choice, if you want to spend the money, do, if you dont, then dont lol

TBH my next video card will cost more than that, so if you have a HDTV and there are great games, and you don't dig PC gaming...

mk5 VDUB polo
tell me about it! my computer is screwed, its 2 years out of date now and to put it right i could buy myself a ps3 and bravia!

That's fine as long as the games are superb. I'm a shooter fan myself, and I want to play the latest cutting edge shooters at the maximum settings possible, with a keyboard and mouse. A PS3 probably isn't for me then :)

I'm loving mine, not got any games for it yet - have downloaded and played a few of the demo's but like Si has mentioned above I bought mine firstly for the Blu-ray player and then games.

I watched Casio Royale on it last night and the picture quality and sound was amazing!

Looking forward to the firmware upgrade which will let me watch at 1080p 24fps.

Last edited:
How noisy is the PS3? Are we talking 747 take-off like the X360? I'd have to lock it away in another building and buy some long cables, if it is?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Definately quieter than the 360 but not silent.

I've activated two more accounts, one for the US and one for Hong Kong. Lots more content and demos are now available for download from those regions
smiley.gif
Really do like this console.

RIP Dan
Latest news is the Sony have read this thread and are lowering the price of the PS3.

In reality, who cares, i just want a nice balanced view of what its like.

I am happy with my Wii but now the nights are lighter i want to be outside, on my bike/walking etc etc. I doubt i would play a PS3 much if i had one.

When winter sets in i'll fork out i think.

Last edited:
  Yaris Hybrid
A new quieter 360 should be out soon anyway? I sold mine to fund my bike and figured I could check out the PS3 and then decide whether to get one of those or the revised 360.

I will definitely not be buying the PS3 now so I am just waiting for the new 360 to come out.

The noise issue doesn't bother me though. I know it is an old saying but if the sound of the fans on these things bug you then clearly your sound system is seriously sh*t!!! If your sound system is that bad you shouldn't really be buying a next gen console! Stick to the PS2!

A new quieter 360 should be out soon anyway? I sold mine to fund my bike and figured I could check out the PS3 and then decide whether to get one of those or the revised 360.

I will definitely not be buying the PS3 now so I am just waiting for the new 360 to come out.

The noise issue doesn't bother me though. I know it is an old saying but if the sound of the fans on these things bug you then clearly your sound system is seriously sh*t!!! If your sound system is that bad you shouldn't really be buying a next gen console! Stick to the PS2!

Sorry dude I don't get the sound system correlation!!! So are you saying you can only buy a PS3 if you have a top end sound system.

Mate what can I say the old saying of "b****cks" springs to mind:rasp:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Can't believe the slating F1 seems to be getting, its seriously one of the best racing games i have ever played, its so realistic, they have jsut about everything right!

ALso love steering with the motion sensor controller and am getting used to how light it is now too, not a problem at all.

How noisy is the PS3? Are we talking 747 take-off like the X360? I'd have to lock it away in another building and buy some long cables, if it is?

It's much quieter than the PS2. I just cant believe how hot and heavy it is. It must be one big heatsink inside.

Oh and the house is far from dusty but it attracts stupid amounts of dust!

dk

911 GTS Cab

It's much quieter than the PS2. I just cant believe how hot and heavy it is. It must be one big heatsink inside.

Oh and the house is far from dusty but it attracts stupid amounts of dust!
i'll agree its heavy (doesn't make much difference as it just sits there anyway) but mine doesn't get hot. If I put my hand over the air outlet then it is warm but its defo not hot anyway, nothing like the 360 gets?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm in agreement with Dave, F1 is excellent and one of the best racing games I've played on any console recently. The motion controls are fun but I opted back to the traditional method.

It's a brilliant console and most of the negative comments I've read are always very obviously from 360 fanboys. Fortunately I can happily own more than one console and see the merits of each.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
im dont wanna say just yet incase sometin happens, e.g. they realise lol. but its a major high street shop. im taking the other one i bought back to hmv tomo, £425 back in my pocket

Argos? There were people who recieved Wii's after cancelling their orders and getting refunds.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
im dont wanna say just yet incase sometin happens, e.g. they realise lol. but its a major high street shop. im taking the other one i bought back to hmv tomo, £425 back in my pocket

Argos? There were people who recieved Wii's after cancelling their orders and getting refunds.

Out of interest did argos realise in thier case, as this could be a good indication of how big shops work

dk

911 GTS Cab
Definately quieter than the 360 but not silent.

I've activated two more accounts, one for the US and one for Hong Kong. Lots more content and demos are now available for download from those regions
smiley.gif
Really do like this console.
when you activated the US account, did you make it s sub account or a new main account please?

I must say, all these different accounts sound a bit more complex than the 360 online stuff! Is the online any good as I've only played a US one which for some reason we couldnt hook up?

Citroen DS3 DSport
You do not need to have different online accounts but it does give access to other regional servers for demos etc. You can do the same thing on the 360 to access the US demos and content.

Citroen DS3 DSport
New format becomes fastest-selling home console ever over its debut weekend.

ChartTrack has confirmed that 165,000 PS3 units were sold during the console's launch weekend.

The figure is three quarters of the total 220,000 UK launch stock for day one, and makes PS3 second only to PSP in the overall launch weekend sales stakes. The Sony handheld shifted 185,000 in its opening weekend back in September 2005.

PS3’s record-breaking debut for a home console comfortably beats the previous top seller Nintendo Wii, which sold 105,000 after its frantic launch weekend in December last year. Fellow format rival Xbox 360 racked up an estimated 70,000 at launch in December 2005.

The figure also means that Sony has not sold all of its opening weekend stock, something the platform holder claims is part of its overall strategy at retail.

dk

911 GTS Cab
LOL, yeah, it does seem that there is very little demand for the PS3 eh..........

PMSL, I knew it was the case that it was just Sony had got the stock thing right this time, all those doubters eh!

Lee

BMW M2C
LOL, yeah, it does seem that there is very little demand for the PS3 eh..........

PMSL, I knew it was the case that it was just Sony had got the stock thing right this time, all those doubters eh!

LMAO, those figures are very selective and have been massaged by Sonys PR department to make them look good. They don't tell you the whole truth, worldwide sales are what they should be quoting. ;)

Also they neglect to mention that both Wii and 360 sold out totally at retail, so they couldn't have physically sold anymore. The Wii is still hard to get hold of even now. One of the lads here was having a bit of a chat with the boys down at SCEE earlier, Sonys PR department are making their money this week that's for sure. lol

So far only one person in the office has bought a UK PS3 with his own money. Considering where I work and what we do I think that says a lot.