ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picking new car up tomorrow :)

I'm going to look at (more than likely buy) a 2005 182 tomorrow. I was just wondering if someone could help me out with what to have a look/listen out for? it seems sound enough with the big jobs done last year and only 60k miles but I'm just not sure what might be noticeable to look a bit further into.

Regard,
Kieren :)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
There are a few things I wish that I had researched more about before I bought mine a couple years ago, but the main thing is this:

Check the service history and make sure the belts and dephaser have been done fairly recently and if not, make sure you take this into account - it's an expensive job. Also try and find out who did the belts, a poor job could mean you are down on power.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
There are a few things I wish that I had researched more about before I bought mine a couple years ago, but the main thing is this:

Check the service history and make sure the belts and dephaser have been done fairly recently and if not, make sure you take this into account - it's an expensive job. Also try and find out who did the belts, a poor job could mean you are down on power.

Make sure you double check with the garage that did it too, mine were "done" but I didn't check into the garage, later found out the garage didn't even exist!