ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

plasma or lcd?

DSC00616.jpg

God only knows how many times I've posted this picture..

Stunning bit of technology, the picture is as clear as the day we got it(a few years ago and very expensive!!).

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
CRT is the future.

i cant believe LCD is being used the basics of LCD construction show just how on the limits of that technology we already are.

mark my words, CRT will be back when your sick of pixel spotting.

Saxo VTS
CRT is the future.

i cant believe LCD is being used the basics of LCD construction show just how on the limits of that technology we already are.

mark my words, CRT will be back when your sick of pixel spotting.

Dunno if CRT is the future seeing as it is the past and present but have to agree , standard definition images look a lot better on a CRT than most LCD/Plasma. Samsung also have a HD CRT which would probably looks fairly good!

Thing is, once connected to a HD source LCD and especialy Plasma looks outstanding.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
My 42" px70 has been delivered..:approve: :approve: :approve:

Couple crap quality pics.. (ps the contrast/colour/brightness are all very very low and its not in dynamic mode or anything.!!)

Initial impressions.. aswesome, the difference between this and my 1.5 year old 37" philips is crazy.. the blacks are... well.. very black as you can sorta see in the pics.

No purple snakes either ;)

Attachments

• DSC00316.JPG
    DSC00316.JPG
    480.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
  1998 BMW e46 323i
SD I'd go for (from what I've seen in friends houses) plasma. SD on LCD is rubbish IMO. HD, I've seen on my mates Samsung CRT and it isn't great. HD on my upscaling DVD player and HD LCD is immense! I've not yet seen HD via Plasma, but I hear there's no twitter and nicer colouring.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My 42" px70 has been delivered..:approve: :approve: :approve:

Couple crap quality pics.. (ps the contrast/colour/brightness are all very very low and its not in dynamic mode or anything.!!)

Initial impressions.. aswesome, the difference between this and my 1.5 year old 37" philips is crazy.. the blacks are... well.. very black as you can sorta see in the pics.

No purple snakes either ;)

NICE ;)

Monaro VXR
Would like to know as well im after a 50" one of those Panasonics for my bedroom. Well 2 actually 1 for bedroom 1 for Lounge.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
does it not run 1080 KDF? odd.

I've personally found the best way to run dvd's is through a pc on a VGA input. better picture quality than a top of the range sony HD dedicated upscaler. honeslty i'm serious.

Lee

BMW M2C
Oh well, seeing as I've got Sky HD going in on Saturday I figured I'd best get a nice new screen to go with it.

I've ordered the Panasonic Viera 42 TH-42PX70PED.:D

Audi TT 225
Im running 1080i which is fine for me.
I hooked up the laptop to the 50 via VGA last night running 1280x768 and watched a few episodes of Heroes in HD and it just looked amazing.. totally blown away by the quality of the image.
Sexual!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've got 1080i on my 32" philips, simply from 50 quid argos upscaling dvd player via HDMI - quality is immense!!!!!!