ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlastiDip UK?

Bora.
Stole from another site... have any of you ever used plasti dip for colouring your alloys? From what i've seen on youtube videos, they look easy to apply, and is removable if you aren't too keen? Just thought it could be a cheap cheerful mod, rather then spending a fair bit in a body shop....

Either way, on PlastiDip's website, you can pick up 6 cans (which i think would be enough for 4 wheels) for £60, so £15 a wheel and will take roughly 1-2 cans per wheel here is a link of some american doing it on his Golf... lemme know what u guys think....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WS14Jnyf5Q

Cleaning the wheels, spraying them, waiting for it to dry, sounds too good 2 be true right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXpIuEBBHWo

could be used to protect your wheels during the winter aswell then remove the plastic coating when its around summer time, stops the road salt destroyin your alloys ...

also may not be in correct section, please move it not thanks

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of the American VW guys use it for different car parts. When I had my Golf I saw it a lot on forums.
It's a good way to see if you want to do something, because if you don't like it, it peels off quite easily. It does however last quite a while when it's on!

I haven't seen anywhere sell it over here yet though?

CLIO PH1 172
So how easy is it to peel off?

Edit- just saw the vid of the blue rim.

This stuff looks sweet were can we buy it !!

CLIO PH1 172
just had a look on ebay its about £15/16 a tin.

when you say it peels off easy, do you mean to easy? as in it wont last very long?

None :(
ayeee nice find man!

This stuff looks ace! sooo tempted to buy a few cans and have a play!

Imagine doing your whole car :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fuk that is cool guys, especially for wheels or even shed cars that you fancy a colour change. Very very cool!

Sweet! deffinatley getting my wheels powerdercoated silver, and when i fancy black wheels for a few months, hey presto, Plastidip!

None :(
I'm tempted to do my bonnet, after the dustbin men left a scratch on it. What you think guys, is it chavy these days to have a black bonnet on a silver car? ;)

172 Cup
I'm tempted to do my bonnet, after the dustbin men left a scratch on it. What you think guys, is it chavy these days to have a black bonnet on a silver car? ;)

After seeing a 172 near me with a black bonnet, yes. Sorry!

I'd be interested to see what the clear coat is like - if you wanted to protect bodywork or similar?

Think i'll order a can of black and test it on my plastics, I get fed up of that faded look after a while so hoping this will bring out the black. Plus if it's no good i'll just take it off and spray them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great idea with the plastics mate. Hate the tired grey look.

172 Cup
Great idea with the plastics mate. Hate the tired grey look.

Cheers Gally - if I get chance i'll hopefully do this next week and put a write-up/guide together which will hopefully be of use to others, providing i'm happy with it.

Only thing i'm a little dubious about is using my power washer on the car - wouldn't want this stuff ripping up or coming off.

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
This sounds good for cheapo 18 year olds like myself , will the stuff hold up to heat , from long journeys and summer weather and the sorts is my worry.

Bora.
Thinking about buying some as soon as i can get a job :) looks easily applied and can change it if i dont like the colour combination, and it may protect my wheels at winter aswell

A cheap way to patch up my very-curbed 182 cup wheels?

Very interesting thread tbh. Wonder how much custom colours (anthracite) would be and whether it could look glossy enough to appear OEM.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Been using this for years on rc cars, dip the electronics in it...waterproof.

Never seen it used like this before tho, might have to try it on something as I have a can in the garage.