ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help dash light stays on

clio 172 exclusive n
hi there
i have a clio 172 y reg
ive just started it and there is a light on ther dash board that dosent go out after it should.
iam not great with cars so any help would be appreciated as i love my 172 and dont wanna ruin it :)
the warning light is the one associated with monoriting exhaust gas (its what it says in my handbook)

has any one else had this?? does any one know what it could mean?? should i be worried??

the only thing i can think i done wrong was i have had to run the car on unleaded once and super unleaded once renault recomend ron 98 and super unleaded was only ron 97 so iam guessing the unleaded was even lower rated ron

iam currently still running on the super unleaded ron 97 could this be the reason??

where do people find the best garages to get there petrol?? i tryed the bp ultimate but since then this light has come on

sorry to be longwinded just trying to rpovide some info to help you help me :)

any advice much appreciated nice 1 peeps

thanks again

Car SOLD :-(
Sounds like a lamda sensor to me.

Depending on when on a Y plate yours was made may have 1 or 2 sensors. Had similar issues on mine and it was the upstream sensor. Replaced it and all was good for months until I was caining it the other week and it popped back on - doh:eek: . Think the sports cat and s/s exhaust doesnt help.

Just bought a hand held code reader from k-tec, yet to attempt to switch the light off:S

clio 172 exclusive n
its the 172 exclusive i think it was one of the last 172s as it was the closing model to the line before they bought the 182 out

would it be the 2 sensor type???

many thanks

still got warranty you think this is covered??

car just passed mot so do you think cats ok??

its standard exhaust and cat

nice1

Car SOLD :-(
its the 172 exclusive i think it was one of the last 172s as it was the closing model to the line before they bought the 182 out

would it be the 2 sensor type???

many thanks

still got warranty you think this is covered??

car just passed mot so do you think cats ok??

its standard exhaust and cat

nice1

Seems to be a fairly common fault. Get it to an independant garage with a diagonstic reader. Doubt it'll be covered under a warranty but give it a go.
Could be either 1 or 2 sensor model, seems to be no set switch over, try pm'ing someone else with an exclusive.

If you have to buy a sensor GSF or Europarts are the best bet - iirc circa £70 per one.

clio 172 exclusive n
right got car back from garage

they said there diagnosis macine said it was a sensor, so they looked at the sensor and said it was fine and didnt wanna charge me for something that was working fine and didnt need changing i asked if it was fine why was the car saying it wasnt -- he said it was just giving ghost readings and a reset should clear it

they said they done a reset on my car as it was getting ghost readings -- that reset apparently should have exstinguished the light but it hasnt

they say this has happend on several renaults before and it should go out in a day or 2

its fri evening now they said pop it in after the weekend if the light is still on

ive been charged 30 pounds so far

basically iam wandering does this make sense to anyone?? is the gargae just making it up as they go along?? is driving my clio 172 gonna damage it with this light on??

the car dosent smell rich or horrible when its running

idle is a little chuggy when cold but ive heard the clios 172 dont have the smoothest idle anyways

iam mainly worried about the driving with this light on will it be ok till mon if it hasnt gone out ill take it back to the garage the last thing i wanna do is ruin my baby

thanks in advance sorry bout spelling its bin a long day

nice1

The phase 2 came out after the Exclusive then the 182 came out after that.

they said there diagnosis macine said it was a sensor, so they looked at the sensor and said it was fine and didnt wanna charge me for something that was working fine and didnt need changing i asked if it was fine why was the car saying it wasnt -- he said it was just giving ghost readings and a reset should clear it

they said they done a reset on my car as it was getting ghost readings -- that reset apparently should have exstinguished the light but it hasnt

ive been charged 30 pounds so far
We reanly need to know what was cleared fault wise the lambedas can be trouble there not that badly priced though but how they know without having the computer or exhaust gas etc tested its not the sensor is beyond me.

Find out what fal is being caused.

As for driving it well depends what wrong if it were realy bad the car would have gone to safety mods and not let you drive limits rpm etc so sounds like its not that bad.

f**k me renault dealers r s**te, i think they know as much as us m8

WHo said he took it to Renault?

No dealership will cover a Exclusive under RUK warently infact none will sell a car over 5 years old so its not a Renault dealership IMO.

clio 172 exclusive n
hi thanks for the quick replys

they didnt give me the code of the fault that the machine spat out

they just said it was an oxygen sensor that was showing as the fault

he said there was 2 one on the up one on the down or summin along them lines

he said he had checked them and there seemed no reason to change them as when the car was running they were operating as they should--surely he would done me the new part and carged me labour etc if he could have????

this is when i questioned him and said surely there was a fault for that code to be spat out etc

he said it was fine and that he done a reset which should of put the emissions light out yet it still came on this is when he said it should clear in a day or 2

this made me think he was speaking balls surely a reset would put it out if it was going to why the wait??? what would have to clear??

hummm weird

just wanna get it sorted only done 200 miles in it then this just i dont know a great deal about cars and dont wanna ruin it

thanks again

clio 172 exclusive n
f**k me renault dealers r s**te, i think they know as much as us m8

WHo said he took it to Renault?

No dealership will cover a Exclusive under RUK warently infact none will sell a car over 5 years old so its not a Renault dealership IMO.

nah private dealer hes away till wednesday iam gonna ring him as soon as hes back from his hols to and let him know what i think ive done 200 miles in it and 90 of them were driving back from where i bought it

lol

been driving it today after garage said it was fine had a puma before but this is so much more fun to drive just worrying having that light on not knowing whats going on

lol

i knew i should been a mechanic

clio 172 exclusive n
its fine to drive with the light on, a mate of mine has driven for months with it on lol.

thanks dan your allways very helpfull i appreciate it

lights still on so gonna wait till the dealer gets back weds then see if hell fix it out of decency as i bought a car without faults and now 200 miles later it has one.it came with 3 months warranty so hopefully hell do the decent thing (humm iam being hopefull lol) and fix it

thanks alot for all your replys

ill post back how i got on with the dealer when hes back

should be intresting

he talked the talk see if he can back that chat up with good customer service :)

nice1