ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help

Arctic Blue 182
hi

i have a 182 and would like to know what little xtras bits i can do to it so it looks better without spending millions of pounds, i.e. lights etc, and can you tell me where i can buy these bits from and roughly how much. im no good at things like this :dapprove: .

thank you :D

Clio 197
This is what I personally did to improve handling, and it looks good IMO:

Sell original 182 wheels (incl tyres) for £400, then buy 16" OZ superleggs for £700 (halfords might still be doing a deal on them).

Then some lowering springs (£150 or below), I have eibach sporlines (not too low, and improve handling), from Demon-Tweeks.

I fitted an OMP strutbrace... opinions are devided as to whether it looks good or not, but I didn't get it for that reason.

As for looks only:
You can get non-orangey indicator bulbs, probably under £20 (I've not bothered on my car)...

A regular wax will keep it gorgeously gleaming and blinging.

So, that's roughly £500 so far.

Mine (one final mod to come soon):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/omarsadek/SuperLeggs/suleg1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/omarsadek/StrutBrace/strub1.jpg

Arctic Blue 182
thank you very much, i will print it out and take it home for my dad to look at cos he would have to help me.... :D

IMO, silver vision indicator bulbs (15 quid ish)
white LED sidelight bulbs to get rid of them nasty yellow sidelights(7quid ish)
a cup front splitter - if you havent got one (50ish off here)
maybe cup rear spoiler - again if you havent got one (150'ish, 60ish for painting)
maybe lowering

please please please dont go out and buy alloy wipers and lexus style rear lights, stickers and neons, etc!!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Lower it! Definitely!!!

Improve looks and handling, what more can you want!

Wheels might also be another option, although i dont think those superleggeras suit it.

What colour is yours?

yeah girl it does.

do you like to drive your car hard/fast?
if so you could buy some of the best suspension around for the 182 and get some LEDA coilovers (about 1300 quid though)

cant really think of anything else for you to do as the 182's dont need to be messed with to look good, infact most things you try to do to the exterior will make it look worse than standard, just some silvervision bulbs to get rid of the manky orange and maybe a bit of lowering so there isnt such a big arch gap present

spirez, its arctic, says under her name.

Arctic Blue 182
thanks Guy, i do love to drive fast, but who fits the suspension, can i do it? lol! or do i have to pay someone to do it? will get the silvervision bulbs, but where from? ta

if you really are prepared to spend that amount on suspension, PM gary G i think it is, racing blue 182 in his avatar. as i believe he can get the suspension for circa 1150. and andy GDI can fit it for, i think (was mentioned by him in thread about coilovers), circa 200 quid

dont take those prices as gospel though, i may be misinformed

its a lot of money for some suspension and apart from the nice lowered rideheight it will give you, you really need to love flying round corners to make the most of it..

if you dont go mental through corners then could just go for some springs or springs/damper kit.

other than lowering and wheels there isnt really much you can do to the looks of the 182 without making it look worse than before.

is the money burning a hole in your pocket or something? could always spend it on a holiday. or donate me it. he he

No more clio's for me!
I'll buy your wheels, if they're the antharcite (spelling???) ones, if your thinking of selling them! ;)

DC5
Get your silvervisions from www.powerbulbs.co.uk Your not a member, but would get discount if you were. I think they are still doing the white side lights that Guy was on about. You get them for free with the silvervisions.

Arctic Blue 182
dutty_112 said:
get a spoiler and some lexus light :)

Woooooooooooooohaa haaa lol!

anyway..
thanks guys for your help :D

by the way, tried to become a member but i dont have paypal and dont know how to use it, is there any other way of payment?

if i think of selling my wheels will let you know.

just been out and took these specially for you.

sidelightchange.jpg

Not much to spend, lol £1k is alot of money.

As above, leave the looks, lower it, exhaust, performance filter/viper, shoudl be able to get a decent suspesnion kit for around £400ish....not sure how much stuff goes for for the mk2 clios. If you can don't just get lowering springs get a set of springs and dampers wiht adjustable dampening

182... again!
GuyS said:
yeah girl it does.

do you like to drive your car hard/fast?
if so you could buy some of the best suspension around for the 182 and get some LEDA coilovers (about 1300 quid though)

cant really think of anything else for you to do as the 182's dont need to be messed with to look good, infact most things you try to do to the exterior will make it look worse than standard, just some silvervision bulbs to get rid of the manky orange and maybe a bit of lowering so there isnt such a big arch gap present

spirez, its arctic, says under her name.

Not that you've been looking closely at girl182....

yeah, the cup suspension is alright BUT its not the best..

theres always compromises, they have to keep it relatively comfy still, also the 182's sit quite high so lowering will make it look alot better.

could get springs and dampers to lower it for under 400 quid id expect.

Clio 197
girl182 said:
your car is lovely by the way!! yumyum!:eek:

Thanks!

So... apart from bulbs (which do make a nice subtle difference), what are you thinking of?

Personally, I think subtle performance mods are the best way to go... and most people would agree.

Arctic Blue 182
dont wanna go to extremes with it, cos i like the way it looks, what do u think of the anthracite wheels then, do you think i should change them then? was thinking, cos i have the uprated suspension, is it really worth spending money on it for someone like me? i think what i have is good for me at the moment considering i had a 1.4 206 before, i think i would need to be driving the 182 a bit longer before i start messing with suspension dont u think? will defo do the bulbs though

I think I'd spend £200ish on a modified inlet manifold from BenR, then get a decent exhaust.

I'd put the rest away so you can get used to driving it then decide what you want to play with! You might decide you want to do trackdays, in which case you could shell out for cheap 15" rims and some decent track tyres to go on them. That will probably set you back £500!

girl, i wouldnt change anything then, the antrhacite standar wheels are cool in my opinion and as you say.. your happy with the current cup suspension for the way you drive

just do the LED sidelights and silver indicators and treat yaself to soem nice clothes and jewellery ;)

Arctic Blue 182
^^ lol!!

i hope u dont think i wasted ur time, but thanks anyway - i am so indecisive !! thanks for ur help peeps!!