ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polo radiator problems

I've installed a polo radiator for my throttle body setup but now the temp on the dash does not get to half way it sits about a dot below, the fan doesn't kick in so that's not keeping the temps low and the thermostat is working? Has anyone else had this?

Cheers

mines spot on, sits halfway and fan kicks in once it's warm

Have you gave it a good run out to get it nice and hot?

Yes, I'm sure I've bled the full system unless there's another bleed point other than the thermostat housing?
I'm doing 100 miles tomorrow so will report back, cheers guys!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Korky pal, can I ask what Polo rad you have used, and did you have to get any other pipework, wiring, sensors, fittings or fans to allow correct fitment?

182cup & 172 racecar
Korky pal, can I ask what Polo rad you have used, and did you have to get any other pipework, wiring, sensors, fittings or fans to allow correct fitment?

Kelv, this has been well documented on here, we started it.

You have to extend the left hand mounting plate (as you look at it), simple bit of alloy and a bolt will do.

​The bottom hose fits, feels like it won't, but does. Then an electric fan.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Re-bleed and if still not coming up to temp, check the thermostat that it seals properly and not bypassing there. Does it come up to halfway when car is stationary?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Cheers Tony, I shall have a search a bit later in the day, cheers for the pointer ;)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
The polo rad has a big bleed screw about 2 3rds of the way up the rad.

op, do you have itb setup currently? I got a full jenvey setup with 120mm trumpets I'm putting up for sale if your interested?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Let me know kelv comes with everything you need, ph1 pedal, ecu etc, literally everything minus a rad fan(about 12 quid). There's even a choice alloy sirocco/Corrado rad or polo steel one :)

iirc Hilldawg172 got a GEN90 as i pointed him in the direction of one lol, also drop me a PM with info on ITB package minus rad as iv'e already got a polo rad fitted