ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Popping/Banging through the exhaust

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Completely standard 182 with standard ex. system, give it some welly in 3rd and then back off and slip into 4th. Cue a "bang/pop" from the exhaust system - is this normal on a standard system with cat etc? It doesnt seem to do it all the time just when you come off the throttle quite quickly. Ive only had performance exhausts do this on other cars not the standard manufacturer fitted ones!

Clio Sport 172
Does it happen when the engine's fully warmed?

Might be due to over-fuelling when it's cold.......

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
could be due to the cat being buggered,
or as said, overfeuling!

i say enjoy it! i love pops and bangs!

421 Cammed 172
Mine used to do this, Next stage was limp mode.

Mine turned out to be a misfire due to a damp coil pack from alot of rain we had!

Mine used to do this (with a ktec stealth), but it was my timing was off, took it in to ktec for a belt change and they found the cams had been damaged by previous owner, so timing couldnt be set right, i swopped them out and shes never done it since.

At the end of the day, anyway you look at it, popping and banging isnt a good thing, but does sound cool lol.