ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Post Your Bandwidth

ive just connected my laptop to the phone socket direct and it popped up saying connected at 6.8mbps

done the speed test and it came up with 5.6mbps download and 400kbps upload

so, does anyone know why connected thru the wireless modem/router that my down is only 750kbps?

this is getting wierd, thru wireless im now getting this:

59120132.png

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
57801313.png

Dont think speedtest.net can keep up to be honest.. i think they were the bottleneck.

Holly s**te, lol who you with and how much £££s? I want i want

Cant buy.. sorry.. its a 100mbit full duplex link on one of my servers at work lol.. I got 24 100mbit full duplex links just sitting there with nothing plugged in :D

Like I said though I think speedtest.net is a bit slow as the results werent very good..

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

Cant buy.. sorry.. its a 100mbit full duplex link on one of my servers at work lol.. I got 24 100mbit full duplex links just sitting there with nothing plugged in :D

Like I said though I think speedtest.net is a bit slow as the results werent very good..

Yeah should be faster than that, my test was done on a 100Mb Netflex and came in at 73.3Mb/s

172 cup'd extreme
Downstream 1,434.7 Kbps ( = 1.4 Mbps ) Upstream 1,628.9 Kbps ( = 1.6 Mbps )

Attachments

• speed.png
    speed.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Show off. :rasp:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
just done it one speedtest aswell

990 kbps download

232 kbps upload

this is on my laptop with wireless

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Just been doing a few tests to check a new line ... 8mb line and we are just over the road from the exchange.

Download from Microsoft website 5.8 Mbps (average for 22mb file)
Upload - 670 Kbps (FTP to our external webserver)

WUGNET - download 1.29 Mbps, upload 668 Kbps
ADSLGuide - download 1.8 Mbps, upload 687 Kbps
SpeedTest.Net - download 5.3 Mbps, upload 697 Kbps

These are averages, I ran tests several times this morning over 30 min period. WUGNET and ADSLGuide seem a million miles out (except the upload figures seem spot on). It would seem speedtest.net is the most accurate although i dont think you can beat downloading a file from Microsoft + uploading a file for the most accurate figure.