ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

powerflex poly bushing and uprated engine mount

clio 172 mk2
i have seen k tec offering these i have my car right now in the garage servicing and i have busted my right steering boot and also my bushes are getting worn so should i order this powerflex bushing kit and poly engine mount down along with the steering boots since i replacing both ends, (the wishbone and anti roll bar kit poly kit) does neone on the site have em
what are your reviews, comments, and thoughts on it also the pros and cons
bless up peeps

Last edited:
  RS RIP
...i'm also interested in this.

thinking of having all my enginemounts checked and (if needed)replacing em with aftermarket (better?) mounts

*bumpy*

172 cup'd extreme
wishbone and anti roll bar mounts from powerflex SQEEK like mad esp in warm weather avoid and stay with rubber

I cannot recomend them. If you want to replace the ARB etc bushes replace with the standard ones there btter.

As for the engine mount well loads of people replace the dbogbone one with the more resistant one but it only loads up the other mounts so they will wear more so its going to shorten the other mounts life.

E36 M3. 182
Could worn engine mounts cause damage to my exhaust?? i.e excessive movement damaging the manifold, or causing the downpipe/cat pipe to clank off the subframe in left hand bends?? sorry for hijaking the thread,:)

Could worn engine mounts cause damage to my exhaust?? i.e excessive movement damaging the manifold, or causing the downpipe/cat pipe to clank off the subframe in left hand bends?? sorry for hijaking the thread,:)

You'd have to have realy worn mounts to realy damage bits.

But yep with a worn mount the engine hits the subframe.

Idealy adjsut the top mount (loosen the center bolt pull the engine forward as far as you can and retirqu the bolt to 44NM)

E36 M3. 182
hmm.. my clank sounds too light to be the engine moving, pretty sure its the exhaust or a heatshield. but my cars been through a complete exhaust (rear section snapped and manifold cracked at the flange) and all the mounts have had to be replaced at 68k, so im wondering if the engine mounts could have any affect on these parts. if my cars fucked id rather sort the cause than the symptoms!!:dead:

clio 172 mk2
edde u said u would not recommend em can u say as to why you wont?
as in a description of the adverse side effects, seeing as im upgrading most or all the mounts to the same aftermarket would it still cause unneccessary wear?

172 cup'd extreme
i highly recommend the engine mount, ive run mine now + all new other mounts for 30k miles with no bangs or vibration, the premature wear is caused by the other mounts having more vibration sent through them.

the wishbone / anti roll bar mounts for 172 squeek like mad the anti roll bar bushes dont fit properly due to them being the wrong internal diameter.

edde u said u would not recommend em can u say as to why you wont?
as in a description of the adverse side effects, seeing as im upgrading most or all the mounts to the same aftermarket would it still cause unneccessary wear?
BUshes etc I wouldn't recoment as Renault spend more more developing them than aftermarket places and there not a problem.

Mounts will wear faster if you upgrade the bottom dogbone one.

clio 172 mk2
kool kool i hear you edde but im wondering cause our official dealers down here selling the bushes are recalling all stock because of complaint that they are ripping and wearing down in a impressive rate must be the conditions but i will take a furthur look into this thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got the gearbox mount bushes and recommend them as one of the best mods ive done after suspension. no movement in my gearstick anymore and you cant feel the engine moving when you give it full throttle now, it just instantly goes. used to be a tiny delay as the engine swung back.

ive got the wishbone ones for it just not got round to fitting them yet as i cant be fuked lol