ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price of 182s :(

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
some people arent as knowledgeable as others when it comes to these things regardless of how apparent it is.

I know, and its genuinely scary that people get suckered into scams like that. There was also a woman who got conned by the companies that try and sell your car for you if you pay them £80. She got done twice! Its hard not to chuckle when people are so ignorant, then moan like hell when getting conned.

I know, and its genuinely scary that people get suckered into scams like that. There was also a woman who got conned by the companies that try and sell your car for you if you pay them £80. She got done twice! Its hard not to chuckle when people are so ignorant, then moan like hell when getting conned.
i suppose a line can be drawn between common sense and plain ignorance.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I paid 7k for mine end of last year, it was not the most expensive one on sale by a long shot.

I own an immaculate 182 now which has only done 35k and is simply dent scratch and stonechip free. I won't get a car like that for cheap. I could of spent less, not got a liquid yellow one and always be tempted to spend money getting it up to scratch etc. I just got doing that to my e46 M3 and it's a waste of cash.

I paid almost half that late last year, and sure mine had done 50k more than yours and isn't ly but its scratch and dent free.

I just dont think its worth the extra cost just for low mileage personally.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I payed 7500 for mine oct 2008 1 owner and 24k
to many people are advertising for silly low prices now and other people who come to sell see this and do the same
we should all advertise ours for 6-7 even though we dnt plan on selling just so people start to think the price has gone up again lol
i have no intention of selling mine especialy for stupidly low price some are going for

I payed 7500 for mine oct 2008 1 owner and 24k
to many people are advertising for silly low prices now and other people who come to sell see this and do the same
we should all advertise ours for 6-7 even though we dnt plan on selling just so people start to think the price has gone up again lol
i have no intention of selling mine especialy for stupidly low price some are going for
why wouldn't you buy this
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1552587.htm

when this is priced at nearly 7k
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1551997.htm

even if you was to raise the price it wouldnt sell when there are others which are pretty much identical for significantly cheaper, belts etc can reflect price but avg joe usually does a HPI check and checks for FSH.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
My point is just because a few people have decided to sell at a low price other people look and think aww that must be how much their selling for, and put thers up for a low price aswell.if you check tht book cnt remem wt its calle tht shows peices they are showing in ther as 6+ still

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

even if you was to raise the price it wouldnt sell when there are others which are pretty much identical for significantly cheaper, belts etc can reflect price but avg joe usually does a HPI check and checks for FSH.

I think its worth the extra seing as though its 1 n a hal year newer and has 14k less miles on it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I wouldn't buy the top one cos of the blokes name, no splitter and no mention of cambelt.

So the bottoms one is only about £1k more for lot less miles, from a dealer, and newer.

Last edited:
I think its worth the extra seing as though its 1 n a hal year newer and has 14k less miles on it
doesnt justify spending £1.7k more imo.

I wouldn't buy the top one cos of the blokes name, no splitter and no mention of cambelt.

So the bottoms one is only about £1k more for lot less miles, from a dealer, and newer.
£2k

as said, id rather spend more than spend less and be sceptical, but that doesnt mean overspending

Titanium 182
DrRollo;6535955[B said:
]I wouldn't buy the top one cos of the blokes name[/B], no splitter and no mention of cambelt.

Haha :lolup:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
it's not £1.7k more? The cheaper one needs a cambelt (probably) has the splitter missing and you'd get a bit off the dealer.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Course it does, 14k is like 2 years of use for a loy of people. Id rather jave a 55 than a 04
just depends on the person, wen i got mine i reli wanted a 182 and wanted a mint one.could of payed a grand less like those 2 adds but glad i ddnt
garages do add money on but at least youve got somewere to go if it goes wrong and have a 12 month warenty.

it's not £1.7k more? The cheaper one needs a cambelt (probably) has the splitter missing and you'd get a bit off the dealer.
6990 - 5250 = 1750
yes the dealer may be willing to reduce the price however, even if the other did need the cambelt changing then you can take it down to probably 5k

Course it does, 14k is like 2 years of use for a loy of people. Id rather jave a 55 than a 04
just depends on the person, wen i got mine i reli wanted a 182 and wanted a mint one.could of payed a grand less like those 2 adds but glad i ddnt
garages do add money on but at least youve got somewere to go if it goes wrong and have a 12 month warenty.
this view is understandable, however, despite not having warranty, a private sale can still be a good one. I.e. the boosh's rb182.

BG 182 FF
Personally if you are not thinking of selling your car I wouldn't even pay any attention to one of sales like that, plus as aluco found out it was to good to be true.
I got mine for 2995 cash plus old car part exchange in july it needed the belts doing and rear discs and pads though and a good clean but had only done 32k so I was pretty happy with that.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
6990 - 5250 = 1750
yes the dealer may be willing to reduce the price however, even if the other did need the cambelt changing then you can take it down to probably 5k

this view is understandable, however, despite not having warranty, a private sale can still be a good one. I.e. the boosh's rb182.

i dont doubt that in any way at all as i myself oneday may come to sell my car and i know mine has been maintained and not abused,
however at the time of getting mine i didnt know much about 182's and also wasnt a member on here so spending the amount i did it was ideal for me having the piece of mind that i had it from a renault garage an the year warenty incase anything did happen

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you are really anal and want every scratch, dent and mark put right with low miles you probably are better off spending more for that mint example as those types of repairs are very expensive.

Iceberg 172
Clio's are cheap as chips atm.

I got my Iceberg for £2650 on 70k miles. Ok, there's a few stone chips on the front... but that was it! Interior is mint and drives beautifully.

Looking at other cars and a mint 106 GTI on 88k miles is up for £3750!!! WTF!?

Black Ph2 172
This is defo a scam! All scams on PH seem to ens with please contact me on my personal email becuase of xyz

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Clio's are cheap as chips atm.

I got my Iceberg for £2650 on 70k miles. Ok, there's a few stone chips on the front... but that was it! Interior is mint and drives beautifully.

Looking at other cars and a mint 106 GTI on 88k miles is up for £3750!!! WTF!?
As per my thread yesterday that 106 gti will sell, like it or not they hold their money better than 172's by a long way!

I've noticed 182's being very cheap in the last year, the ph1 172's haven't went that much lower and most are similar price to higher mileage 172 cups.

You only have to look on here to see how much people have paid! Guy paid 7k for a LY 182 because he wanted it.

Horses for courses really.

This is defo a scam! All scams on PH seem to ens with please contact me on my personal email becuase of xyz

see below
Gotta lol..

"

Hi,

The car is still available for sale,it is in perfect condition in and out,100% HPI clear with a certificate to confirm,full service history.
I just got married and moved with my Spanish husband in Madrid,Spain.I took the car with me so the car is currently here.
I can`t use it in Spain because it has the wheel on the right side and it would also cost me too much to register it here.
It is still registered in the UK and since I have absolutely no use for it I am looking for a fast sale( this is why the low asking price)
I can ship the car from here directly to your home address and I am also willing to cover all delivery expenses.
I look forward to your reply
Regards
Christine

"

Have reported it to PH.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I don't understand why the prices are so low the 182 is 1 of the most fun and best hatches around I would of thought it would be the first place any car enthusiast would look. I paid 6700 for mine last june with 32k and 2 years mot and service plus gap insurance which was a good deal at the time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand why the prices are so low the 182 is 1 of the most fun and best hatches around I would of thought it would be the first place any car enthusiast would look. I paid 6700 for mine last june with 32k and 2 years mot and service plus gap (incase I want to burn it out when it's worth 2p) insurance which was a good deal at the time.
EFA. x

M3 SMG
French cars depreciate alot. Price of 07 R26s is crazy cheap. Add that to a rescession with high unemployment etc it all factors in to the demand and value.

The price of second hand cars is determined by condition and milleage, that is how it works, sure there's always some bloke who paid nothing for a minter as the seller was desperate or a fool, but the reality is cars that are in excellent as new condition go for higher prices I.e are worth more.

As an individual you may say you wouldn't pay that much but that doesn't mean it's not worth it.

I guess regardless of the reality, many people think 182s are unreliable and badly built cars! Mine has been both, but I still love it.

I got mine as a recession bargain at £5k for a 54 plate, 59k miler back in April 2009. I don't think I've lost too much purely based on sale price (spent a fortune on the thing in between times though!)

Gotta lol..
"
Hi,

The car is still available for sale,it is in perfect condition in and out,100% HPI clear with a certificate to confirm,full service history.
I just got married and moved with my Spanish husband in Madrid,Spain.I took the car with me so the car is currently here.
I can`t use it in Spain because it has the wheel on the right side and it would also cost me too much to register it here.
It is still registered in the UK and since I have absolutely no use for it I am looking for a fast sale( this is why the low asking price)
I can ship the car from here directly to your home address and I am also willing to cover all delivery expenses.
I look forward to your reply
Regards
Christine

"

Have reported it to PH.

I can pretty much confirm that is/ was a scam as about a month ago there was a red Fabia VRS for sale with low miles at a good price based near Chester. I emailed them for more detailed info and pics and got the exact same reply. Strangely the advert was gone as soon as I'd emailed them as I sent the link to my friend and it didn't exist anymore. :nono:

tiTTy & SV650
182 - £12k new in 2004, sold for £6650 in 2007 on 40k

172 - £3350 on 54k, 52 plate bought in 2009

If you wanna know what 182 prices will do, look at 172 prices. My 172 cost about half what I sold my 182 for and to all intents and purposes its every bit as much car.

M3 SMG
I'm guessing their reputation is why they depreciate?

I suppose from what I see Renault always seem to be facelifting or bringing out new models in quite quick succsession? So not long before the old one is out of date?

Iceberg 172
As per my thread yesterday that 106 gti will sell, like it or not they hold their money better than 172's by a long way!

I've noticed 182's being very cheap in the last year, the ph1 172's haven't went that much lower and most are similar price to higher mileage 172 cups.

You only have to look on here to see how much people have paid! Guy paid 7k for a LY 182 because he wanted it.

Horses for courses really.

I'm not taking anything away from the GTI. You may remember me posting pics of my old one. I love them.

However the 172 is a better car in every single way IMO. Suited me down to the ground when buying my iceberg as I was left with a bit of change!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I agree, more comfortable ect... the facts are those old sheds hold their value better.

There are maybe too many average 172's about and not many mint gti's?

The gti is a lot older now.

Titanium 182
I can pretty much confirm that is/ was a scam as about a month ago there was a red Fabia VRS for sale with low miles at a good price based near Chester. I emailed them for more detailed info and pics and got the exact same reply. Strangely the advert was gone as soon as I'd emailed them as I sent the link to my friend and it didn't exist anymore. :nono:

Thanks sherlock ;)

I knew it was a scam as soon as I got the email, I was never about to offer cash to someone abroad.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
kev182cup said:
I don't understand why the prices are so low the 182 is 1 of the most fun and best hatches around I would of thought it would be the first place any car enthusiast would look. I paid 6700 for mine last june with 32k and 2 years mot and service plus gap insurance which was a good deal at the time.
I would of said that was pricey. Pretty much Trophy money.

PMSL @ that scam!

Reason a lot of Clio prices are going down is because a lot of people listen to the plonkers on here who constantly want to de-value them. I can't understand why people who own Clios want to drag the price of them down so much.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Warren.

That is mainly the problem on here! It now also seems that one scam advert can potentially drive them down further lol Needless to say when I sold my 182 recently I didn't really bother advertising on here (well maybe once in a cheeky post in someone's thread about 182s hehe). Advertised around £6k and it sold within 4 days. However it was a desirable spec, both cup packs and well looked after.

Putting silly springs on, different wheels, fitting odd/s**t tyres, "colour coding" your rocker cover and explaining how the go faster "chip" is great, plus advertising it with the written style of a boy racer/someone who doesn't care and you will have to knock maybe £1k+ off an otherwise equivalent tidy standard car. Then left wondering why nobody is ringing about his chav'd mobile, slowly dropping the price every couple of weeks until it falls to a level where most serious buyers would automatically dismiss it.

The 197 and newer models as far as I can see have not impacted noticeably on the prices of 182s, last year the best models were around £6k to just under £7k and they still generally are now, maybe starting at £5.5k now. Similarly there are not many decent 197s under £8/9k - same as last year too (I looked at a 197 up at £7500 last Jan, was higher miles but drove well, but even now there's none around that price afaik). It also helps that IMO they're quite different cars, the 197 bigger, perhaps more "grown up" (very desirable, just different), the mpg of the 182 is a big bonus, mine could get high 30s easily, where the 197 almost 10mpg down etc.

Last edited: