ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with car

Audi A4

Driving today and suddenly the car began to chug and rattle. got out of the car and the exhaust was rattling like hell and and awful eggy smell coming out the exhaust, the car kind of sounded like a harley davidson come tractor.

Anyway spoke to a friend and he said its misfiring and that it might be one of the plugs, ( this was on the phone and he hasnt seen the car yet).

So the question is, would you agree with his assumption and are these the symptons of a misfire?

Where would be the best place to get some spark plugs (renault dealer) and what sort of prices are they.

He also said it maybe the coil pack (sounds expensive)

Anyway help welcome.

Thanks

£80 or so for 4 new plugs but they dont need replacing till 5yrs/72k.

Im noit sure what the problem might be Id not supect the plugs more likly the coils.

Audi A4

cheers edde

car is over 5 years but is only on 62000

Just had it serviced and thought about changing plugs but thought I would wait till 72000 miles

tiTTy & SV650

might be firing on 3 cylinders, sounds hideous probably a coil as edde said. will sound like a smart car or 1.0 12v corsa (trust me driven both :cry:)

I have had the same problem mate.

I turns out the car was misfiring and renault said it could be one of the following: spark plugs, ht leads or ignition coil.

The reason why it smells funny is because the emmisions wont be correct causin the cat to play up. I was told by Renault not to drive it as it could damage the cat.

Has your emmisions light came on? as mine did