ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with the clio. Acceleration? Sensor?

Hi...

Been having a problem with the Clio. (Only a 1.2).

Occasionaly, (generally at low speeds) I put my foot on the accelerator and nearly nothing happens. Then it suddenly kicks in and I hit about 5k revs as my foot is so far down, and I look like an idiot. Or it's dangerous, basically giving me no speed when I pull out of a junction etc.
This has got more and more frequent over the last few days, and when I pulled up today there was some smoke coming from the front. Won't be driving it now if possible, as it's a bit concerning.

Was thinking it might be a sensor? But the smoke has thrown me.
...That and the fact my mechanical knowledge is near zero.

Any ideas what this could be?

Also sometimes, it runs fine for a little while. Yesterday daytime it was a nightmare, yet last night it was fine.
I will be driving it to my friends on Thursday as he is a mechanic.
Dont want to waste money trying different things so hopefully someone will know what it is.

Thanks in advance.

Best off seeing what fault codes etc there any could be as simple as a dirty throttle body which seems likly.